General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Trump’s VP Pick Should Be Someone Who Has Never Admitted to Shooting a Puppy.. Kurt Schlichter

(1/6) > >>

mystery-ak:
Trump’s VP Pick Should Be Someone Who Has Never Admitted to Shooting a Puppy
Kurt Schlichter

The speculation over Donald Trump’s veep pick is heating up, and his potential choices’ respective pole positions have changed a lot since the last time I wrote about this. Now, I’ve been pretty clear that there were three main criteria for picking a running mate. One, the appointment cannot hurt the GOP, like by putting a seat at risk. Two, the nominee must be competent to be president. Three, the pick must bring something to the table as far as winning the election. And I guess I now have to add a fourth qualification. The nominee can’t have shot any puppies.

Now, I wouldn’t think that I would have to tell anybody that shooting puppies is a bad idea if you want to be elected by the American people. Americans like puppies. They don’t like people who shoot puppies. So, the thought process of anybody who wants to be liked by the American people admitting to shooting puppies escapes me.

Yet, Kristi Noem capped Cricket the dog and then wrote about it in her book. Besides being bizarre and cruel, this was politically insane. It’s totally disqualifying, and apparently Donald Trump agrees because rumor has it that she’s off his shortlist. Somewhere across the rainbow bridge, Cricket is wagging her tail as she watches Noem’s political future dragged to the gravel pit and given the Joe Pesci in “Goodfellas” treatment.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/05/02/trumps-vp-pick-should-be-someone-who-has-never-admitted-shooting-a-puppy-n2638470

Maj. Bill Martin:
Really disappointed that Schlichter fell for the "puppy" line.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote ---Yet, Kristi Noem capped Cricket the dog and then wrote about it in her book. Besides being bizarre and cruel
--- End quote ---

City mouse.... **nononono*

Animal Control officers will have dogs who bite people put down routinely.

Somehow, that part keeps getting missed. It has to be willful.

mystery-ak:
Hannity had Noem on last night and I thought she did well by explaining what happened re the dog...but we know the press will never let this story disappear.. 9999hair out0000

mystery-ak:
Damnit!

Bipartisan House trio launches ‘Dog Lovers Caucus’ in jab to Kristi Noem incident
By
Rachel Schilke
May 2, 2024 11:14 am

Three House members are launching a new caucus dedicated to their “shared love of dogs” in response to “recent dog-related events,” a hint at the revelation that Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD) killed her 14-month-old puppy, Cricket.

Reps. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL), Nancy Mace (R-SC), and Susan Wild (D-PA) announced the formation of the Congressional Dog Lovers Caucus, which will be an “informal, bipartisan group” dedicated to loving dogs for the “companionship, friendship, family, and health benefits” that they provide.

The caucus plans to hold events on Capitol Hill for fellow House members and staff, according to a press release sent Thursday.

“Dogs are the only thing on earth that loves you more than they love themselves,” Moskowitz said in a statement. “Their joy to live brings together Americans from all walks of life and can help nourish bipartisanship in Congress.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2988266/bipartisan-house-trio-launches-dog-lovers-caucus-kristi-noem/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version