Author Topic: Why Was Accused Guatemalan Murderer Loose in Florida?  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Was Accused Guatemalan Murderer Loose in Florida?
« on: May 02, 2024, 03:32:43 pm »

Why Was Accused Guatemalan Murderer Loose in Florida?
Angel Gabriel Cuz-Choc, accused of stabbing his girlfriend and her child to death

By Andrew R. Arthur on May 2, 2024

Graphic bodycam footage from the Hillsborough County (Fla.) Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) shows the moment last Thursday when Angel Gabriel Cuz-Choc — who has been accused of stabbing his girlfriend and her four-year-old daughter to death — was taken into custody after a heated struggle. The facts of his arrest are undisputed, though the charges are unresolved, but the real question is how the illegal immigrant from Guatemala — who’s been here for three months — managed to enter.

The Alleged Crime. According to the local Fox affiliate, court documents in the case reveal the following about the crimes with which Cuz-Choc is charged:

The nature and circumstances of these offenses are excessively violent and brutal. The defendant attacked and stabbed his live-in girlfriend multiple times. In addition, he stabbed an innocent and defenseless four-year-old child while she was in the bathtub. The heinous nature of the offenses elevates [the] probability of danger the defendant’s release poses to our community and establish[es] that no conditions of release will reasonably protect the community from risk of physical harm.

It's alleged that after the offense, Cuz-Choc ran through a nearby field and into a wooded area, which is where deputies caught up to him 17 hours later. He allegedly confessed to the crimes and is charged with two counts of first-degree murder with a weapon, kidnapping, and aggravated child abuse.

While, as always, the defendant’s presumed innocent until he’s proven guilty, the cops appear to have some solid evidence in the case, at least according to the local NBC outlet, which reported based on court filings that:

https://cis.org/Arthur/Why-Was-Accused-Guatemalan-Murderer-Loose-Florida
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson