Author Topic: Biden blasted for attacking ally and comparing Japan to Russia and China: ‘Not something diplomatic  (Read 395 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden blasted for attacking ally and comparing Japan to Russia and China: ‘Not something diplomatic to say’
By
Brady Knox
May 2, 2024 8:56 am

President Joe Biden lumped in longtime ally Japan with Russia and China, denouncing them as “xenophobic,” which drew widespread outrage.

Speaking at a campaign fundraiser on Wednesday that marked Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, Biden credited the United States’s economic power to immigrants, using China, Russia, and Japan as a contrast.

“Why is China stalling so badly economically, why is Japan having trouble, why is Russia, why is India, because they’re xenophobic,” he said, according to Reuters. “They don’t want immigrants. Immigrants are what makes us strong.”

Since the end of World War II, Japan has served as one of the U.S.’s closest allies, particularly in serving as a key bulwark against China following its takeover by the communists in 1948. Biden’s comments mark one of the harshest criticisms of the country by a U.S. president since the end of World War II.

Jeffrey Hall, Japanese studies lecturer at Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan, told NBC News that the comments weren’t diplomatically wise.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/foreign-policy/2988095/biden-blasted-attacking-ally-comparing-japan-russia-china-not-something-diplomatic/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

1.) Japan is xenophobic.
2.) That is irrelevant for regional security.

If America tries to make every foreign nation in its own image, Foreign Policy will be a major fail.

Putin would be happy to make nice with Japan.  Go ahead, push Japan into Russia's sphere of influence.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House does damage control after Biden calls Japan and India ‘xenophobic’
By
Christian Datoc
May 2, 2024 2:06 pm

The White House scrambled to explain comments President Joe Biden made about Japan’s stance on immigrants Wednesday night at a fundraiser in Washington, D.C.

Biden’s remarks came just weeks after he hosted Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida for a state visit at the White House. Wednesday’s campaign event was primarily attended by Asian American donors.

According to the press pool traveling with Biden, the president lumped in Japan and India, two strong U.S. allies, with Russia and China, claiming that all four were xenophobic and that their opposition to incoming migrants negatively impacted them economically.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre faced multiple questions about Biden’s comments while traveling with the president to North Carolina on Thursday, and she claimed that Biden was trying to contrast those countries with the United States’s own acceptance of migrants.

“The broader case that he was trying to make,” Jean-Pierre told reporters, “when it comes to who we are as a nation, we are a nation of immigrants. That is in our DNA.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2988691/white-house-damage-control-biden-japan-xenophobic/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

India is not xenophobic.  They are transforming into a Hindu theocracy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nice show of weakness there, sniffy. If China makes a move, it will be because it detects fractures in any Asian defense....

Project weakness, that's the path to pieces! (Why settle with one peace when you can have lots of pieces?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The reason why Japan will REMAIN "Japan" long after the United States has crumbled and fallen apart IS BECAUSE the Japanese are "xenophobic".

It is mostly the stupid whites in their own countries who are doomed to eventually disappear (yes, DISAPPEAR) because they have no desire to protect themselves and their heritage, and indeed, have no idea why they should even do so.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The reason why Japan will REMAIN "Japan" long after the United States has crumbled and fallen apart IS BECAUSE the Japanese are "xenophobic".

It is mostly the stupid whites in their own countries who are doomed to eventually disappear (yes, DISAPPEAR) because they have no desire to protect themselves and their heritage, and indeed, have no idea why they should even do so.
It was one thing when the immigrants were from northern European Tribes, with similar enough backgrounds to assimilate (and contribute) to American Culture. But now we are importing people who our ancestors fought for hundreds of years, with few cultural similarities, who will not assimilate, and that isn't likely to end well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

White House does damage control after Biden calls Japan and India ‘xenophobic’
By
Christian Datoc
May 2, 2024 2:06 pm

The White House scrambled to explain comments President Joe Biden made about Japan’s stance on immigrants Wednesday night at a fundraiser in Washington, D.C.

Biden’s remarks came just weeks after he hosted Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida for a state visit at the White House. Wednesday’s campaign event was primarily attended by Asian American donors.

According to the press pool traveling with Biden, the president lumped in Japan and India, two strong U.S. allies, with Russia and China, claiming that all four were xenophobic and that their opposition to incoming migrants negatively impacted them economically.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre faced multiple questions about Biden’s comments while traveling with the president to North Carolina on Thursday, and she claimed that Biden was trying to contrast those countries with the United States’s own acceptance of migrants.

“The broader case that he was trying to make,” Jean-Pierre told reporters, “when it comes to who we are as a nation, we are a nation of immigrants. That is in our DNA.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2988691/white-house-damage-control-biden-japan-xenophobic/

It seems the White House is always doing damage control when Biden speaks

Where’s the Easter Bunny?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

It was one thing when the immigrants were from northern European Tribes, with similar enough backgrounds to assimilate (and contribute) to American Culture. But now we are importing people who our ancestors fought for hundreds of years, with few cultural similarities, who will not assimilate, and that isn't likely to end well.

You are absolutely correct, they will NOT assimilate. Tearing down the American flag and putting up a flag from the country that they came from is just a simple example.

...and people vote in those like Ilhan Omar and AOC; what the heck are people thinking? 

The protests at our universities are just the beginning I'm afraid. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.