Author Topic: A bill to prolong death and destruction  (Read 1045 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A bill to prolong death and destruction
« on: May 02, 2024, 02:19:51 pm »
May 2, 2024
A bill to prolong death and destruction
By Edward Lozansky

I am speaking of a $95-billion foreign military aid package that includes $61 billion for Ukraine.

Speaker Mike Johnson’s turnaround from opponent to supporter of the war in Ukraine raised many eyebrows.  His meeting with Donald Trump in advance of this announcement added intrigue and speculation regarding his sudden change of heart.

Most likely, both men decided that it would help Trump and the GOP to win votes in November, and how many more Ukrainians would die in the process was of no particular concern to them.  Instead, Johnson used the same Lindsey Graham and Co. language that financing this war is the best investment ever made, since no Americans are dying.  The only new element is that the speaker added his son into the equation.  “To put it bluntly, I would rather send bullets to Ukraine than American boys,” Johnson told reporters last week.  “My son is going to begin in the Naval Academy this fall.  This is a live-fire exercise for me, as it is for so many American families.  This is not a game; this is not a joke.” 

Well, nowadays it is useless to ask whether such statements correspond to moral, ethical, or any other values that U.S. and E.U. politicians claim to adhere to.  (There are exceptions, but so far, their numbers are not enough to change the course.)  But Ukrainian president Zelensky surpasses their cynicism by thanking Congress, saying, “The vital U.S. aid bill passed today by the House will keep the war from expanding, save thousands and thousands of lives.”  He is talking about saving American, not Ukrainian lives.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/a_bill_to_prolong_death_and_destruction.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A bill to prolong death and destruction
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 10:34:39 pm »
A Fishrrman "not-off-the-wall-at-all" prediction:

Eventually, Ukraine will be vanquished, a good portion of the country reduced to rubble, the core of its young men killed, and Russia will STILL occupy the Donbas and Crimea.

And that is how the war will end.

With one other consideration:
The USA will be billions and BILLIONS of dollars (maybe a trillion?) more in debt, with absolutely NOTHING to show for having given away that money to Ukraine.

End the war now.
FORCE Ukraine to the negotiating table, before the rest of the country is wrecked.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 10:37:19 pm »

Eventually, Ukraine will be vanquished, a good portion of the country reduced to rubble, the core of its young men killed, and Russia will STILL occupy the Donbas and Crimea.

With one other consideration:
The USA will be billions and BILLIONS of dollars (maybe a trillion?) more in debt, with absolutely NOTHING to show for having given away that money to Ukraine.

End the war now.
FORCE Ukraine to the negotiating table, before the rest of the country is wrecked.

***agree
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online berdie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 10:56:17 pm »
Well, I hope that doesn't happen. And it may not. The Ukes seem to be pretty ready to defend their land. And seem to be doing a dang good job. They need help, as England did in WWII.

Makes me wonder if we would be as willing to fight and die. Heck..Mexico wants Texas...okey dokey. Russia wants Alaska...okey dokey.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 11:31:10 pm »
OK american"thinker" genius, what is your solution to Ukraine? Should Ukraine surrender to a genocidal imperialist?

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 12:08:49 am »
 ////00000////

... much like FDR's Lend-Lease prolonged death and destruction during the Battle of Britain during World War II.

Wisely, the French put a ceasation to death and destruction by, first, surrendering to the Nazi's, and, second, collaborating with the Nazi's.

The sooner Israel, Ukraine, and Taiwan surrender to Hamas (Iran), Russia, and China, the sooner all this death and destruction will end.

Think how many American lives could have been saved during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 if the Americans had just surrendered to the British.

History has shown that surrender and appeasement are the means to attain, secure, and maintain long-lasting  peace.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 12:09:38 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 12:15:57 am »
////00000////

... much like FDR's Lend-Lease prolonged death and destruction during the Battle of Britain during World War II.

Wisely, the French put a ceasation to death and destruction by, first, surrendering to the Nazi's, and, second, collaborating with the Nazi's.

The sooner Israel, Ukraine, and Taiwan surrender to Hamas (Iran), Russia, and China, the sooner all this death and destruction will end.

Think how many American lives could have been saved during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 if the Americans had just surrendered to the British.

History has shown that surrender and appeasement are the means to attain, secure, and maintain long-lasting  peace.

Sometimes man...

:mauslaff:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 01:52:54 am »

Well, now that Trump and his supporters successfully delayed aid to Ukraine for long enough to put them at a major disadvantage, you may be right.  So you guys may be able to add Russia's conquest of Ukraine to the next version of Trump's list of "accomplishments."

Reason No.1 I will not vote for him, didn't vote for J.D. Vance, and won't vote for Bernie Moreno in the Ohio Senate race this fall.

The author is just ticked that his buddies in Russia had to fight for Ukraine instead of being handed it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 01:56:01 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 01:53:48 am »
////00000////

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 02:24:45 am »
////00000////

And here I thought @240B held the champion belt for sarcasm around here.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 05:52:53 am »
Well, now that Trump and his supporters successfully delayed aid to Ukraine for long enough to put them at a major disadvantage...

Did the $114 billion the US has given to Ukraine before this $61 billion booster slip your mind  --- and the $100 billion in military and economic support from.other NATO allies, too?

You sweet, silly goose.  You must still think Ukraine's using this support to fight a war.   000hehehehe