General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

A bill to prolong death and destruction

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
May 2, 2024
A bill to prolong death and destruction
By Edward Lozansky

I am speaking of a $95-billion foreign military aid package that includes $61 billion for Ukraine.

Speaker Mike Johnson’s turnaround from opponent to supporter of the war in Ukraine raised many eyebrows.  His meeting with Donald Trump in advance of this announcement added intrigue and speculation regarding his sudden change of heart.

Most likely, both men decided that it would help Trump and the GOP to win votes in November, and how many more Ukrainians would die in the process was of no particular concern to them.  Instead, Johnson used the same Lindsey Graham and Co. language that financing this war is the best investment ever made, since no Americans are dying.  The only new element is that the speaker added his son into the equation.  “To put it bluntly, I would rather send bullets to Ukraine than American boys,” Johnson told reporters last week.  “My son is going to begin in the Naval Academy this fall.  This is a live-fire exercise for me, as it is for so many American families.  This is not a game; this is not a joke.” 

Well, nowadays it is useless to ask whether such statements correspond to moral, ethical, or any other values that U.S. and E.U. politicians claim to adhere to.  (There are exceptions, but so far, their numbers are not enough to change the course.)  But Ukrainian president Zelensky surpasses their cynicism by thanking Congress, saying, “The vital U.S. aid bill passed today by the House will keep the war from expanding, save thousands and thousands of lives.”  He is talking about saving American, not Ukrainian lives.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/a_bill_to_prolong_death_and_destruction.html

Fishrrman:
A Fishrrman "not-off-the-wall-at-all"™ prediction:

Eventually, Ukraine will be vanquished, a good portion of the country reduced to rubble, the core of its young men killed, and Russia will STILL occupy the Donbas and Crimea.

And that is how the war will end.

With one other consideration:
The USA will be billions and BILLIONS of dollars (maybe a trillion?) more in debt, with absolutely NOTHING to show for having given away that money to Ukraine.

End the war now.
FORCE Ukraine to the negotiating table, before the rest of the country is wrecked.

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on May 02, 2024, 10:34:39 pm ---A Fishrrman "not-off-the-wall-at-all"™ prediction:

Eventually, Ukraine will be vanquished, a good portion of the country reduced to rubble, the core of its young men killed, and Russia will STILL occupy the Donbas and Crimea.

And that is how the war will end.

With one other consideration:
The USA will be billions and BILLIONS of dollars (maybe a trillion?) more in debt, with absolutely NOTHING to show for having given away that money to Ukraine.

End the war now.
FORCE Ukraine to the negotiating table, before the rest of the country is wrecked.

--- End quote ---

***agree

berdie:
Well, I hope that doesn't happen. And it may not. The Ukes seem to be pretty ready to defend their land. And seem to be doing a dang good job. They need help, as England did in WWII.

Makes me wonder if we would be as willing to fight and die. Heck..Mexico wants Texas...okey dokey. Russia wants Alaska...okey dokey.

PeteS in CA:
OK american"thinker" genius, what is your solution to Ukraine? Should Ukraine surrender to a genocidal imperialist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version