Author Topic: To Oust Or Not To Oust?  (Read 229 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
To Oust Or Not To Oust?
« on: May 02, 2024, 02:12:54 pm »
May 2, 2024
To Oust Or Not To Oust?
By Sally Zelikovsky

Conservatives are haunted by House Republicans who make all manner of campaign promises but, once in office, forget their obligations to voters or justify why they reneged on their word to support or reject a particular piece of legislation. Our biggest disappointments to date are probably their epic failure regarding Obamacare and capitulations ad nauseam regarding anything budgetary.

The Republican counter-response to these repeated failures has been less than exemplary. Basically, all we’ve done is eat our own. Recall Kevin McCarthy, who had a tough time getting elected Speaker in January 2023—a prolonged, painful, and very public process that did not reflect well on House Republicans. In exchange for enough votes to win after 15 ballots, McCarthy agreed that any one member could bring a motion to vacate his Speakership.

Out of abject frustration and the desire to make a point (and perhaps a desire to make history), Rep. Matt Gaetz caused an uproar among his Republican colleagues and millions of constituents when he successfully moved to vacate Speaker McCarthy on October 3, 2023—unleashing a Game of Thronesian Red October where candidates like Steve Scalise, Jim Jordan and Tom Emmer were paraded about as successors, then electorally crucified until Mike Johnson was elected on October 25.

It was a bloody mess. Although many agreed in principle, most didn’t see any strategic value given our newfound but very slim majority and the need to present a united front until we could re-elect Trump and increase our numbers in Congress. Looking frail and scattered, they presented the antithesis of two core Democrat party principles: Never eat one’s own and always vote in lockstep.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/05/to_oust_or_not_to_oust.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: To Oust Or Not To Oust?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 03:00:35 pm »
May 2, 2024
To Oust Or Not To Oust?
By Sally Zelikovsky

Conservatives are haunted by House Republicans who make all manner of campaign promises but, once in office, forget their obligations to voters or justify why they reneged on their word to support or reject a particular piece of legislation. Our biggest disappointments to date are probably their epic failure regarding Obamacare....

Okay, that's the exact kind of thing that pisses me off about some critics.

The House and most of the Senate were on board with stripping the guts (the federal subsidy/medicaid entitlement) from Obamacare.  The only reason it didn't happen was because of John McCain, who voted against it as his side of a personal vendetta with Trump.  The repeal passed the House but failed in the Senate because of McCain.

But for some reason, this jackass writer specifically blames "House Republicans" for "their epic failure regarding ObamaCare" even though the House (under Paul Ryan) passed that repeal. If the writer was a male, I'd want to punch his stupid face.  Because she's a female...well, I'd still feel like punching her stupid face but would settle for sugar in her gas tank because she's too stupid to permit on the roads.

Damn do these people piss me off.  They're either just too stupid to be allowed near a keyboard, dishonest, or just plain ignorant of the facts.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 03:06:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 03:24:21 pm »
If the House GOP's next strategic objective is the FY2025 budget, don't oust.

If the House GOP's next objective is to shoot themselves in the gonads, oust.

////00000////

The GOP ... never let a Republican majority succeed.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 04:42:24 pm »
It's ridiculous and idiotic to even be having this discussion when we're on the brink of losing the house and Senate. But keep being "principled" I guess.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 04:45:39 pm »
Take a lesson from the "Read my lips" days.

Failure to present a clear alternative to the Democrat policies will guarantee losses. As long as people think there is little or no difference, why bother?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis