Author Topic: Stagflation Stages A Comeback ~ I & I Editorial Board  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stagflation Stages A Comeback ~ I & I Editorial Board
« on: May 02, 2024, 01:58:15 pm »
Stagflation Stages A Comeback
I & I Editorial Board
May 2, 2024

Joe Biden got his start in politics in the 1970s and appears determined to recreate the world as it existed back then.

Misguided federal policies have pushed energy prices to punishingly high levels. Americans are struggling with inflation. Radical Muslims are holding American citizens hostage in the Middle East. Our adversaries, including Russia, are on the march. Even bell bottoms are making a comeback.

And, now, the pièce de résistance of the 1970s is also making a comeback: stagflation.

Stagflation. It’s a term that most young people and plenty of not-so-young people have probably never heard before because it’s been nearly 50 years since the U.S. suffered this leftist policy-induced madness. A combination of stagnant economic growth and high inflation.

It’s something that liberal Keynesian economists say can’t happen. Inflation, they say, is caused by a too-hot economy and a tight labor market. A sluggish economy should push prices down.

And yet stagflation did happen then, and appears to happening again, thanks to massive spending and growth-choking taxes and regulations imposed by the Biden administration.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2024/05/02/stagflation-makes-its-appearance-on-bidens-70s-show/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Stagflation Stages A Comeback ~ I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 02:01:05 pm »
Pray hard that disco doesn’t make a comeback
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 10:38:57 pm »
The core of "stagflation" back then (1970's) was due to the oil embargo and the astounding jump in the price of fuel for both cars and commercial vehicles. The higher prices soared at every step of the production and distribution process.

That we have it again is almost for the same reason.
The difference is now the higher prices for energy throughout the economy are being forced upon us BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT.

What did Mr. Jefferson say about governments that no longer serve the governed?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 12:02:32 am »
In the 1970’s, debt to GDP ration was under 40%

Today, it’s over 120% and rapidly increasing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy