Author Topic: MDM News: Marine Corps Charting Aviation Path to 2040  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MDM News: Marine Corps Charting Aviation Path to 2040
« on: May 02, 2024, 01:36:39 pm »
MDM News: Marine Corps Charting Aviation Path to 2040
5/1/2024
By Sean Carberry   

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Marine Corps is updating its current aviation platforms for the service’s crisis response mission, but it has also launched a new project to evaluate long-term aviation needs to address evolving and future threats and support the Marine Air-Ground Task Force.

The first phase of Project Eagle began in 2022, although the service just started rolling out public information in April. The project is designed as a long-range planning framework for continuous modernization of Marine Aviation, Col. Brian Grant, branch head of Air Warfare Systems in the Deputy Commandant for Aviation, said at the Modern Day Marine conference May 1.

“It identifies opportunities to procure [and] sustain relevant capabilities that are lethal, resilient, persistent and sustainable across a range of military operations,” he said during a panel discussion. The project’s “vision and strategy balances crisis response and modernization with maximizing potential of the stand in force as a contribution to the Joint Force.”

The project will look across three future years defense programs starting in fiscal year 2026 and will allow the Marine Corps “to make data-informed capability and fiscal decisions aligned with Force Design and its modernization efforts,” he continued.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/5/1/marine-corps-charting-aviation-path-to-2040
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: MDM News: Marine Corps Charting Aviation Path to 2040
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 01:38:27 pm »
I'll bet they're secretly figuring how to use air assets on the ground since they have such problems keeping them in the air. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson