Author Topic: Demeaning, Diminishing, Destroying  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Demeaning, Diminishing, Destroying
« on: May 02, 2024, 01:26:45 pm »
MAY 2, 2024
Demeaning, Diminishing, Destroying
The language hurled against Jews is often similar to words used by the Nazis in the 1930s.

If history proves anything it shows if civil rights, human rights, equality and even the right to live are to be denied to a class of people, they must first be stripped of their inherent value as human beings.

In the case of African Americans, it was slavery and the Dred Scott decision by the Supreme Court in 1857 that upheld that evil practice, justifying it by claiming Blacks were not citizens of the United States. An earlier “compromise” in 1787 declared that for purposes of representation in Congress, enslaved Blacks in a state would be counted as three-fifths of the number of white inhabitants of that state. Jim Crow laws enacted by Southern Democrats went further by preventing most Blacks from voting.

In modern times, the unborn have been denied their right to live through abortion and the claim by some that fetuses are not fully human, thus justifying the procedure.

Which brings me to the current demonstrations against Israel and Jews on many college camp uses.

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/106480-demeaning-diminishing-destroying-2024-05-02
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Demeaning, Diminishing, Destroying
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 02:39:04 pm »
How many of these protesters hurled the “NAZI” term or something similar at Trump and his supporters?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy