Author Topic: Suspected ISIS member lived in US as migrant for over two years despite global wanted notice  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Suspected ISIS member lived in US as migrant for over two years despite global wanted notice
Although 33-year-old Uzbek man Jovokhir Attoev was detained at the border he was later released as no negative information was dug up on him until Uzbekistan issued an international notice stating he was wanted

ByCharlie JonesNews Reporter
13:33, 2 May 2024

A suspected ISIS member lived in the US for two years despite a global effort to find him.

The 33-year-old Uzbek man, Jovokhir Attoev was recently arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in Baltimore due to alleged links with ISIS, according to two US officials. Attoev crossed the border into Arizona and was apprehended by Border Patrol in February 2022, but at the time, neither Customs and Border Protection nor ICE could find any untoward information on him. He was subsequently released inside the US on bond.

However, in May 2023, Uzbekistan issued an international notice stating that Attoev was wanted in his home country for his alleged affiliation with ISIS. It wasn't until March 2024, almost a year later, when the US government was reviewing Attoev's application for asylum, that officials discovered the notice from Uzbekistan and connected it with the man residing in Maryland.

Read more: Ex-ISIS supporter dubbed 'Towie jihadi' warns of new generation of young extremists

Following this discovery, ICE arrested Attoev on April 17 in Baltimore. According to the ICE website, he is currently in custody in Pennsylvania and is awaiting trial in an immigration court next week in New Jersey.

https://www.newsnow.com/us/US/Immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doesn't the fact he has lived here in the US for two years and hasn't raped, mutilated, bombed, or beheaded anyone, that we know of, automatically qualify him for citizenship? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson