Author Topic: House lawmakers push back against Pentagon submarine build rate  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

House lawmakers push back against Pentagon submarine build rate
© Provided by Federal Times

House lawmakers from both sides of the aisle are pushing back against the Pentagon's proposal to fund the procurement of just one Virginia-class attack submarine in fiscal 2025 instead of two.

Rep. Joe Courtney, D-Conn., Rob Wittman, R-Va., and 118 other lawmakers made the case in a May 1 letter to the chamber's top defense appropriators as Congress drafts its FY25 defense budget.

"Preserving a consistent production schedule is essential for shipyard and industrial base stability, and to meet the Navy's operational requirements," the lawmakers wrote in a letter to Defense Appropriations Chairman Ken Calvert, R-Calif., and Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn., the panel's top Democrat.

"This is exactly why Congress has strongly supported and defended the consistent two-per-year build rate of Virginia-class attack submarines since 2011."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-lawmakers-push-back-against-pentagon-submarine-build-rate/ar-AA1nZhoa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=12030242061d4b0ba2d6630059b7f8f0&ei=129
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: House lawmakers push back against Pentagon submarine build rate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 09:10:36 pm »
They aren't pushing back about jack sh*t!! **nononono* Its election season and they are only trying to seduce pro-military and military voters into thinking they support the military.  In real life they can't agree what the day of the week is.  This is nothing but a massive con by congress.
 :bs:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson