General Category > Politics/Government

Johnson: Greene not ‘proving to be’ a serious lawmaker

(1/8) > >>

kevindavis007:

“I don’t think she is proving to be, no,” Johnson said Tuesday on NewsNation’s “The Hill,” when asked if he believes Greene is a “serious lawmaker.”

“I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about her,” the Speaker continued. “I got to do my job, and we do the right thing, and we let the chips fall where they may. That is my philosophy. That is how we are governing.”

His defiance comes ahead of a scheduled news conference Wednesday morning, in which Greene is expected to address her motion to vacate resolution, which she initially filed in late March. But, for weeks, the Georgia representative has declined to force a vote on the motion, even after Johnson championed more aid for Ukraine, which she opposed.

Despite her effort, Democratic leaders announced Tuesday that they would provide the votes to shield Johnson from a potential conservative coup, prompting Greene to vow to bring her resolution to the floor. Still, she did not say when it would happen.

Read More: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4635127-mike-johnson-newsnation-marjorie-taylor-greene-motion-to-vacate-speaker/

100% true... Moscow Marge is not a serious lawmaker. I think the performative theatre that is going on by Moscow Marge and her ilk needs to stop.

corbe:
   I'm glad the Freedom Caucus proved their 'seriousness' last year by kicking her out.

Smokin Joe:
I'm done with the Left's "Moscow Marge" crap. She isn't from Idaho. A little alliteration may make for 'catchy' derision, but it doesn't make it true.

Wingnut:
She's a nut.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 01, 2024, 02:23:36 pm ---She's a nut.

--- End quote ---
That's the refuge of scoundrels, a characterization of those who speak truth to gt them dismissed. Now go ahead and tell me any of those mf'ers on The Hill are doing anything sane.
All the inmates at a nuthouse will point to the one person speaking truth and call them a nut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version