Author Topic: Delta Force Selection: The Day K2 Ran 10 Miles With a Bullet Wound in the Leg  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Delta Force Selection: The Day K2 Ran 10 Miles With a Bullet Wound in the Leg
by George E. Hand IV
20 hours ago

My Delta Selection class gifted the Unit with ten U.S. Army Rangers. K2 was one of the ten. He spoke very little, but his Ranger brothers spoke for him:

“Yeah, well, there’s strong, and then there’s K2 strong,” was a catchphrase among the men. I just didn’t get it. As I saw it, he was medium in every way: medium build, personality, intelligence, spirit.

I just didn’t see where the super strength part came into play; perhaps I eventually would.

In my day, the Unit was a fairly even split, with half of the men coming from the 75th Ranger Regiment and the other half, including me, from the Green Beret Groups. To us, the Rangers were rigid meatheads. To them, we were lazy and cheaters. I sheepishly agreed with the Rangers‘ assessment of us Green Beanies — in fact, it is the principal reason why I left the Groups to vie for a position with Delta.

https://sofrep.com/news/delta-force-selection-the-day-k2-ran-10-miles-with-a-bullet-wound-in-the-leg/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson