Author Topic: In new interview Trump details second-term plans for use of military in immigration enforcement, que  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In new interview Trump details second-term plans for use of military in immigration enforcement, questions value of NATO
By
Jamie McIntyre
May 1, 2024 7:20 am

TRUMP: ‘I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM USING THE MILITARY’: In an extensive interview published in Time magazine yesterday, former President Donald Trump said one of the priorities of a second term would likely involve the use of National Guard troops to assist law enforcement in rounding up millions of immigrants who are in the country illegally for deportation.

“We will be using local law enforcement. And we will absolutely start with the criminals that are coming in,” Trump told Time’s National Politics Reporter Eric Cortellessa. Trump envisions a series of mass deportation camps that would require military support. “I think in terms of the National Guard. But if I thought things were getting out of control, I would have no problem using the military, per se,” Trump said. “We have to have safety in our country. We have to have law and order in our country. And whichever gets us there, but I think the National Guard will do the job.”

“The Posse Comitatus Act says that you can’t deploy the U.S. military against civilians,” Cortellessa noted. “Would you override that?”

“Well, these aren’t civilians,” Trump responded. “These are people that aren’t legally in our country. This is an invasion of our country — an invasion like probably no country has ever seen before. They’re coming in by the millions. I believe we have 15 million now. And I think you’ll have 20 million by the time this ends. And that’s bigger than almost every state.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/daily-on-defense/2986219/in-new-interview-trump-details-second-term-plans-for-use-of-military-in-immigration-enforcement-questions-value-of-nato/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Why didn't he do it the first time?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because Biden hadn't let in 11 million plus. It isn't that there was no problem, but it is bigger than ever, in a short period, and done by this current administration. This needs to be combined with finishing and patrolling the wall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Even after he promised the same deportation the first time

Trump knows what his audience wants to hear even if he’s not serious about what he saying
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

Promise of fresh red meat for all to feast on.

Never mind it won't be delivered. Anything to make the sale.

Excuses later.

It gets old every election cycle...

Online libertybele

There are lots of things that he promised to do that he FAILED to do.  So....why vote for him?  One might argue he's better than Brandon -- but so far, we are seeing the results of him failing to make good on his promises.

I could start a list of his failures, but he did make some accomplishments.  Unfortunately most of those policies failed to take hold.

Why should anyone expect anything different for his 2nd term, especially since he's so fixated on retribution?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Because Biden hadn't let in 11 million plus. It isn't that there was no problem, but it is bigger than ever, in a short period, and done by this current administration. This needs to be combined with finishing and patrolling the wall.

Trump did make some headway on border security but those accomplishments were easily overturned by Brandon.  As for the border wall, the roadblocks to do so will still be present in Trump's second term unless he has a full majority. The Secure Fence Act of 2006 was signed into law - yet funding has always been the hold up.  During Trump's administration $$ was the holdup, along with congressional grumbling and roadblocks.  How would things be any different??  The DEMS have now strategically placed ILLEGALS who I'm sure at least some of them will vote. Point being even if Trump happens to get in, unless he's got people in Congress backing him, he'll run into the same problems resulting in the same failures.

It's a toss of the dice and anyone's guess what Trump is truly going to do or be able to do.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
“Well, these aren’t civilians,” Trump responded.

That was a shrewd call by Mr. Trump.

But if you, dear readers, are thinking of the implications of doing this, then you must consider this image:

...because this is what it will mean in real life.

Can you accept that?

Online libertybele

“Well, these aren’t civilians,” Trump responded.

That was a shrewd call by Mr. Trump.

But if you, dear readers, are thinking of the implications of doing this, then you must consider this image:

...because this is what it will mean in real life.

Can you accept that?

Accept removing ILLEGALS and those that change "Death to America".  I have no problem accepting that.  We desperately need that wall and sending them back over the wall is the right thing to do.

Though in reality it is likely we that they are going to round up and cart off somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 10:43:45 pm by libertybele »