Author Topic: Most Americans Support Using The Military To Conduct Mass Deportations Of Illegal Immigrants  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Most Americans Support Using The Military To Conduct Mass Deportations Of Illegal Immigrants

JASON HOPKINS CONTRIBUTOR
April 29, 2024 3:31 PM ET

Poll after poll is indicating that Americans are increasingly adopting hardline positions on border enforcement, with a majority of Americans supporting positions historically aligned with former President Donald Trump.

Surveys in recent months indicate American voters are increasingly receptive to the idea of mass deportations, a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico, detention camps for illegal aliens awaiting removal and even the use of military troops to help with deportation efforts. These shifts come as federal immigration officials continue to deal with an unprecedented crisis at the southern border.

A CNN survey found that 48% of Americans favored the idea of detaining and deporting millions of illegal aliens. When a Reuters/Ipsos poll asked Americans if illegal aliens “should be arrested and put in detention camps while awaiting deportation hearings,” 42% of respondents answered affirmatively.

For the first time in the poll’s history, a Monmouth University survey in February found that a majority of Americans now support building a border wall.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/most-americans-support-using-military-conduct-mass-deportations-illegal-imm-420238/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson