State Chapters > California

Newsom, state leaders stay mum about pro-Palestinian protest at UCLA

<< < (2/2)

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: DB on May 01, 2024, 03:15:48 pm ---Will Democrat Jews still vote for the Dems after all this?

Nothing seems to wake them up.

--- End quote ---

My guess is if this doesn't do it, it's probably too late for them.  4 more years of Biden would open the floodgates on Jew hate, and people will die.

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 01, 2024, 02:56:07 pm ---What is that old saying, Silence is compliance?

--- End quote ---

Or "Silence gives assent".

--- Quote from: DB on May 01, 2024, 03:15:48 pm ---Will Democrat Jews still vote for the Dems after all this?

Nothing seems to wake them up.

--- End quote ---

Jewish people in the US are not homogeneous. IIRC, ~70% of Jewish people vote "D" in elections. My guess is that the current paroxysm of anti-Semitism will bring that % down into the 40s, with much/most of the change being among Orthodox and Conservative Jews (the religiously observant). Change among Reform and non-religious Jews will probably be slight at most.

That said, a 25%-30% shift among Jewish voters, like a 10%-20% shift among black voters, should be a matter of concern for the Dems.

Fishrrman:
DB wonders:
"Will Democrat Jews still vote for the Dems after all this?
Nothing seems to wake them up"

Yes, they will.
It's literally baked into them.

I would expect a small minority will see the light and break away from their ingrained leftism, but this will comprise no more than 4-6% of the total "Jewish vote".

For the rest of them, nothing has changed.
They won't "vote right", because... they CAN'T.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but that's how I'm callin' it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version