Author Topic: The ‘Biden bump’ that didn’t last long > Byron York  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The ‘Biden bump’ that didn’t last long > Byron York
« on: April 30, 2024, 09:47:11 pm »
The ‘Biden bump’ that didn’t last long
By
Byron York
April 30, 2024 4:50 pm

THE ‘BIDEN BUMP’ THAT DIDN’T LAST LONG. “The election is clearly changing now, moving towards Biden,” the influential Democratic strategist Simon Rosenberg declared on March 26. “The Biden bump is real.” For Republicans, Rosenberg is someone worth listening to. He was right about the nonexistent “red wave” that many in the GOP expected back in 2022. When he said the election was moving, it was worth noting.

Now, though, the situation is a little more complicated. Ever since President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address on March 7, the one in which he appeared to shout much of the time to prove his vigor, Democrats have been hoping for a Biden surge. A lot of that was just wish-casting. It simply did not make sense to many Democrats that former President Donald Trump could be under four indictments, and starting trial in one case, and still be leading Biden. It just seemed too crazy to accept. But it was true.

Then, in late March and early April, Biden did rise a bit in the polls. According to the RealClearPolitics average of national polls, Trump has led Biden in head-to-head matchups since September 2023. (They were tied for one brief moment in October.) During his March-April “bump,” Biden’s deficit shrank, coming within two-tenths of a point of catching Trump. Democratic hopes rose.

“Biden’s position in the polls is improving against Trump,” declared the polling analyst Nate Silver on April 18. “It looks to me like Biden’s numbers against Trump have improved by a hair, probably to a degree that isn’t just statistical noise.” Even a slight improvement was like manna from heaven for Democrats and their allies in the media.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/daily-memo/2985745/the-biden-bump-that-didnt-last-long/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: The ‘Biden bump’ that didn’t last long > Byron York
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 02:56:51 pm »
Pretty difficult to sustain any bump when  we’re looking at a period of stagflation and the president is dismissive of voter’s concerns
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 03:11:00 pm »
It just shows how bad both candidates are.

We're living a major shitshow and yet neither is seen as the way out by most people.

Someone sane and not all about themselves would win in a landslide.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 03:11:06 pm »
For the Biden's a "Bump" is a big fat line of cocaine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 03:34:22 pm »
It just shows how bad both candidates are.

We're living a major shitshow and yet neither is seen as the way out by most people.

Someone sane and not all about themselves would win in a landslide.

I have resigned myself to the fact that we’re gonna have to suffer through this for at least another four years, maybe more

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy