Author Topic: 48 US state governors object to DoD plan to shift Guard units to Space Force  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
48 US state governors object to DoD plan to shift Guard units to Space Force

Despite Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall's reassurances, the governors are outraged at what they see as a Defense Department end-run around their authorities that they say could set a negative precedent.
By   THERESA HITCHENS
on April 29, 2024 at 12:29 PM

WASHINGTON — The governors of 48 US states, plus those of the five US territories, are urging the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) to reject a Pentagon proposal to shift hundreds of serving Air National Guard personnel to the Space Force.

In a letter addressed to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and published today, the governors express their “strong objection” to Legislative Proposal 480 (LP480), which they argue “would would weaken or eliminate their authority over the National Guard and threaten readiness and operational efficacy of their units.”

The letter follows an April 9 press release by the National Governors’ Association protesting the Air Force’s March 29 proposal.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/04/all-us-state-governors-object-to-dod-plan-to-shift-guard-units-to-space-force/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  the governors are outraged at what they see as a Defense Department end-run around their authorities 

I have to agree!  Why else make it part of the Space Force, it makes no sense? **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I knew the loyalty and support Abbott got from the guard during his border defense would have reprecussions.

Sounds like a numbers game, and a way to cut potential internal dissent of forces.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Which is a bigger threat to American airspace - hijacked planes and Chinese spy balloons ... or ... an invasion from Outer Space?

Air National Guard came in handy on 9/11.  Fighter jets that were scrambled to fly over New York City were launched from Otis National Guard base on Cape Cod.

Probably an arm-chair General looking to grow his budget by growing headcount.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:10:34 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.