Author Topic: REPORT: Top Trump VP Candidate Removed From Consideration: ‘No Shot’  (Read 978 times)

Offline corbe

REPORT: Top Trump VP Candidate Removed From Consideration: ‘No Shot’

Mark Steffen
April 30, 2024

It was the shot heard ’round the world of politics and one that killed the chances of a candidate previously on the shortlist to join the ticket of former President Donald Trump.

Sources close to the former president who spoke with the New York Post said there is dismay and disappointment in their camp after learning that North Dakota Governor Kristi Noem included a story about killing a puppy in her new memoir, “No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward.” The inclusion has sealed her fate, at least for the 2024 elections. “She was already unlikely to be picked as VP, but had a shot,” said a source close to Trump. “After this, it’s just impossible.”

In her book, Gov. Noem leans into the theme of tough choices growing up and living in rural America. The story of Cricket, a 14-month-old wirehaired pointer, involves the Republican’s decision to shoot the puppy in a gravel pit after it killed one of her neighbor’s chickens. Noem wrote that the pup’s “aggressive personality” made him “untrainable” as a hunting dog.

Another ally of Trump compared the fiasco to one surrounding Mitt Romney in 2012 when he was skewered for sharing a story about how he put the family dog in a crate on the roof of his car during family trips.

<..snip..>

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/report-top-trump-vp-candidate-removed-from-consideration-no-shot-mstef/?utm_medium=agg&utm_source=economics
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Noem was never a contender.   *****rollingeyes*****

All this dog story means is those so inclined will need to find some other way to disparage Donald Trump. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Noem was never a contender.   *****rollingeyes*****

All this dog story means is those so inclined will need to find some other way to disparage Donald Trump.

It's simply low-grade 'kibble' to put in front of the Never Trumpers. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

:rolling:

The Daily Republic, Mitchell, S.D.

Trump confirms Gov. Kristi Noem a potential VP selection

Updated February 21, 2024

Feb. 21—South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is on former President Donald Trump's shortlist as a potential running mate in the general election.

During a Tuesday night, Feb. 20 town hall on Fox News, Trump confirmed Noem is on the list of vice president candidates during an interview with host Laura Ingraham.

Ingraham listed high-profile Republicans Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Vivek Ramaswamy, Byron Donalds, Noem and former Democratic presidential primary candidate Tulsi Gabbard as the six names, and Trump confirmed they are possible running mates.

<..snip..>

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-confirms-gov-kristi-noem-153600297.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 05:18:11 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
:rolling:

The Daily Republic, Mitchell, S.D.

Trump confirms Gov. Kristi Noem a potential VP selection

Updated February 21, 2024

Feb. 21—South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is on former President Donald Trump's shortlist as a potential running mate in the general election.

During a Tuesday night, Feb. 20 town hall on Fox News, Trump confirmed Noem is on the list of vice president candidates during an interview with host Laura Ingraham.

Ingraham listed high-profile Republicans Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Vivek Ramaswamy, Byron Donalds, Noem and former Democratic presidential primary candidate Tulsi Gabbard as the six names, and Trump confirmed they are possible running mates.

<..snip..>

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-confirms-gov-kristi-noem-153600297.html

Within minutes of the Tumpy Toon brigade going out on uuuuh...  limb......

You forgot to drop the mic.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 05:34:01 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

It's simply low-grade 'kibble' to put in front of the Never Trumpers.

Top notch @DCPatriot   :laugh:

I repeat, Noem was never a top contender ---- not even in February. Nor were DeSantis, Scott, Ramaswamy, or Gabbard as quoted in your "drop mic" article.   88devil

Offline LMAO

Within minutes of the Tumpy Toon brigade going out on uuuuh...  limb......

You forgot to drop the mic.

That’s because they don’t expand their sources of information beyond TruthSocial

Recall the “DeSantis was copying Trump’s travel ban” fiasco that wasn’t so?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
City folks... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
City folks... :shrug:

Seriously....

Lost in all this is the part of her statement where she said the dog was running around killing chickens.  So I suppose all these folks in favor of saving the dog didn't care that it was killing chickens for fun?

I have to say that prior to this statement, I thought she might be a bit of a poser.  Turns out she's the real deal, and it makes me like her more.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:28:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

:bkmk:  I'm not voting for Trump anyways, but Noem would have been a consideration for me to vote for him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online banddag

Seriously....

Lost in all this is the part of her statement where she said the dog was running around killing chickens. 

Why was she allowing the dog run around not leashed up on others people property? She knew how the dog was running around during the hunt.

People need to stop blaming all of this on the dog. Noem was an incompetent owner.

We live on a small farm. All our dogs are trained not to leave the yard and they won't. While young and still running around uncontrollable they stay leashed
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:38:34 pm by banddag »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seriously....

Lost in all this is the part of her statement where she said the dog was running around killing chickens.  So I suppose all these folks in favor of saving the dog didn't care that it was killing chickens for fun?

I have to say that prior to this statement, I thought she might be a bit of a poser.  Turns out she's the real deal, and it makes me like her more.
It says to me she is willing to do what needs to be done. Even if that is an unsavory job, or even painful (I had to put down a much beloved dog over biting someone, and that hurt.).
That adds to my respect, not any disdain for her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
:bkmk:  I'm not voting for Trump anyways, but Noem would have been a consideration for me to vote for him.

:rolling:   :silly:   :rolling:   :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

It says to me she is willing to do what needs to be done. Even if that is an unsavory job, or even painful (I had to put down a much beloved dog over biting someone, and that hurt.).
That adds to my respect, not any disdain for her.

I have a similar story... As well as several dispatched because they were injured beyond hope. Just lately that I had to put em down to ease their misery due to age. Most of em didn't make it that far. Only three got old enough to stay on the porch. That was weird, by the way... An old friend and constant companion, suddenly staying home... finding another to go with... See the wistfulness in the old dog's eyes. Damn near as hard a thing as putting them down.

Now I'm the old dog on the porch... I get it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As if sleeping with Trump's campaign director didn't disqualify her?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Same here.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Has anyone considered that Noem put the story in the book for the purpose of removing herself from consideration? Just saying…

Online roamer_1

Has anyone considered that Noem put the story in the book for the purpose of removing herself from consideration? Just saying…

Nah. I'd have to see the context, but her relating of the story as told second hand... it's just a matter of course on a farm or ranch - And she probably had no idea how foolish people would take the matter.

I sure didn't see it coming.

Online banddag

Wouldn't it be easier and less drama/painful just to turn down the job?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

From what I've read, there were stories about this having happened already out there.

So if she didn't get ahead of it now, her foes would just wait for the most opportune moment to bring it up.  She chose to give the story wider publicity before her enemies did.

Online roamer_1

That it even has legs shows the weakness in the American population. Weak and without moral conviction.

Her dog caused a problem.
She did the morally responsible thing.

She put the vicious dog down.
She paid restitution to her neighbor.

Y'all find that appalling.

And then wonder why your streets are overflowing with rabid criminal leftist assholes.
Easy to find the cause:
They're your children.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nah. I'd have to see the context, but her relating of the story as told second hand... it's just a matter of course on a farm or ranch - And she probably had no idea how foolish people would take the matter.

I sure didn't see it coming.

She's a farm girl used to having to deal with the realities of life.  All this public hand wringing is nothing but theater.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

She's a farm girl used to having to deal with the realities of life.  All this public hand wringing is nothing but theater.

That's right. I bet she's butchered her fair share of chickens, beef, and venison too.

That's reality, folks.
Not the butcher down the block.
YOU.

Meat don't grow on a styrofoam sheet, you know.
It's a whole nother thing when you look that animal in the eye and pull the trigger... An experience every child should have as a rite of passage.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's right. I bet she's butchered her fair share of chickens, beef, and venison too.

That's reality, folks.
Not the butcher down the block.
YOU.

Meat don't grow on a styrofoam sheet, you know.
It's a whole nother thing when you look that animal in the eye and pull the trigger... An experience every child should have as a rite of passage.

I'll be you are exactly right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien