Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard: Why it's time to leave the Democrat party behind  (Read 3284 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Tulsi Gabbard: Why it's time to leave the Democrat party behind
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2024, 08:47:43 pm »
I actually would love for Trump to pick her. We would witness such twisting by his supporters that would make the most flexible gymnast envious

The fact that he even considered her is a window into what a second Trump term would look like

Yes, I could expect knee-slapping guffaws...

But entertainment, despite Tump leaning hearts, is not the point at all. The things I hold dear are not so easily discarded and ignored.

Still many, I guess, find these shallow waters to be their playground: 'What it looks like' is all that matters. What's said on the stump can be readily believed...

I have never been that gullible, thank the Lord.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2024, 08:53:18 pm »
I hate to say what I believe...but I will.

Most voters are not going to delve into her past. They will look at how hot she is. Sad but true about the voting public.

I have been made utterly immune to a pretty face and a winning personality. In fact, what I find to be pretty and winsome now might freak people out. Oh, I can admire classic beauty alright. I can see it. But it has no effect - What the pretty and popular people say about everything is always, always wrong.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2024, 09:24:19 pm »
I hate to say what I believe...but I will.

Most voters are not going to delve into her past. They will look at how hot she is. Sad but true about the voting public.

Hmmm...Sarah Palin didn't help John McCain very much...Barack the Crazy Kenyan aside.

IMO, Palin couldn't carry Gabbard's jock...figuratively speaking of course. LOL!

Gabbard is a serious person.  Palin's a Grizzly Mom with out-of-control children.

Palin never owned a red bikini either!  (I know that photo is a doppelganger) so calm down, boyz!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2024, 09:26:23 pm »
I have been made utterly immune to a pretty face and a winning personality. In fact, what I find to be pretty and winsome now might freak people out. Oh, I can admire classic beauty alright. I can see it. But it has no effect - What the pretty and popular people say about everything is always, always wrong.

@roamer_1

Awww, STHU!  You and your incessant need to be "different".

Next, you'll be telling us how you prefer fat chicks because it's one less log you need to put in your stove at night.    :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2024, 09:28:13 pm »
Hmmm...Sarah Palin didn't help John McCain very much...Barack the Crazy Kenyan aside.

IMO, Palin couldn't carry Gabbard's jock...figuratively speaking of course. LOL!

Gabbard is a serious person.  Palin's a Grizzly Mom with out-of-control children.

Palin never owned a red bikini either!  (I know that photo is a doppelganger) so calm down, boyz!

And Palin, despite her faults, has something else that Tulsi Gabbard doesn’t have and that’s a far left voting  record

Why don’t you do this

Links to her voting record have been posted here several times. Why don’t you read through it and if you think that we’re full of crap and crazy for not supporting her, then  tell us why.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 09:39:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2024, 09:39:58 pm »
The tale of the Tape-

Gabbard           Palin

Looks-                  9                                  7
Body-                   9                                  6
Politics-                3                                  7
Competence         7                                  4
Electability-          8                                  4
                        ------                           -------

36                                28

Even taking out the sexiness aspect of the equation, Gabbard wins 18-15.

But fun aside, I don't want either one of them as VPOTUS.  Trump has better choices out there.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2024, 10:11:24 pm »
Hmmm...Sarah Palin didn't help John McCain very much...

... because Sarah Palin is another whacko-liberal populist. Her supposed appointment was to placate actual Conservatives who weren't about to vote for McCain't. Not that ANY VP would have helped McCain't, but you don't placate Conservatives with a populist liberal.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2024, 10:16:20 pm »
@roamer_1

Awww, STHU!  You and your incessant need to be "different".

Next, you'll be telling us how you prefer fat chicks because it's one less log you need to put in your stove at night.    :tongue2:

No... It's a bare fact. Hollywood means utterly nothing to me. Nor does the ruling class. Lord knows I painted enough of their mansions out here to get to know them plenty good. And they're all a**holes. Hollywood or industry, or politics. Doesn't matter.

Those who consider themselves fit to rule are always, as a rule, the last people you would want over you.
All of em. The problem is this: Still the best form of government is a benevolent kingship. The problem with it is drawing a benevolent king... And the next problem is that a benevolent father always whelps a tyrant.

And so it goes.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2024, 10:18:22 pm »
No... It's a bare fact. Hollywood means utterly nothing to me. Nor does the ruling class. Lord knows I painted enough of their mansions out here to get to know them plenty good. And they're all a**holes. Hollywood or industry, or politics. Doesn't matter.

Those who consider themselves fit to rule are always, as a rule, the last people you would want over you.
All of em. The problem is this: Still the best form of government is a benevolent kingship. The problem with it is drawing a benevolent king... And the next problem is that a benevolent father always whelps a tyrant.

And so it goes.

A parliamentary system with short term limits and head of state drawn by lottery (with exceptions only for the dangerously insane and convictions for serious felonies) would probably be better than a kingship. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2024, 10:24:17 pm »
A parliamentary system with short term limits and head of state drawn by lottery (with exceptions only for the dangerously insane and convictions for serious felonies) would probably be better than a kingship.

Hey dude! As an aside, I sure like seeing you back around. Great to see you posting!

And you'll note, I said a benevolent kingship. Not merely a kingship. And the problems noted are why we are left with a Republic being the best we can do. Technically, the Christian Republics of the West were formed as regencies in waiting for the glorious Return of the King... Maranatha!

Perhaps if that duty were once again emphasized...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2024, 10:32:48 pm »
Hey dude! As an aside, I sure like seeing you back around. Great to see you posting!

And you'll note, I said a benevolent kingship. Not merely a kingship. And the problems noted are why we are left with a Republic being the best we can do. Technically, the Christian Republics of the West were formed as regencies in waiting for the glorious Return of the King... Maranatha!

Perhaps if that duty were once again emphasized...

True that a benevolent kingship/dictator would be better; the rub is in getting all and only benevolent kings.  The errors are bound to be catastrophic.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2024, 11:22:56 pm »

Came back to add that you don't know what you're talking about @DCPatriot ...
The size of the squaw makes no difference. There are always 3 or 4 Huskies between you and her... It's the Huskies that determine how many logs you need... How many you let stay in the bed.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2024, 07:41:02 pm »
True that a benevolent kingship/dictator would be better; the rub is in getting all and only benevolent kings.  The errors are bound to be catastrophic.

That's the second problem.

The first problem is that here is no satisfactory answer to the question of from where does a King draw his moral authority to rule?

The best way to remove a crown is with an axe.  Unless we're talking some kind of constitutional monarchy where the "King" is purely ceremonial.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2024, 08:06:38 pm »
Okay, I'll listen to the first 5 minutes and see if her "speaking from the heart" includes disavowing her various leftist political positions....

@DCPatriot . I actually listened to the first 15 minutes just to give her a shot.  And to be honest, I see why you like her.

Not that she's actually a conservative or anything.  Not even close. In those 15 minutes, she explained that she became a Democrat because she sided with the poor over the rich (classic class warfarism).   She first entered Congress when Obama was President, and expressed no disagreement at all with any of Obama's economic policies.   Not Obamacare, not the global warming stuff, none of it.

What she did express were the reasons why she was leaving the party, and that's where I can see how she lines up 100% with MAGA.  So she gave three reasons:

1) she opposed Obama's intervention/bombing campaign in Syria, and that was her only expressed problem with Obama's.policies.  She's basically a neo-isolationist, so that fits right in with MAGA's "America First" policy.

2) she doesn't like how the Justice Department has been weaponized against Trump.  Obviously, that isn't a substantive policy position, but it's obviously something Trump would like.

3). She belies in championing "the people" against "the elites", so her class warfare mentality fits right in with MAGA populism.

So in sum, she's a neo-isolationist populist who believes in wealth redistribution from the elites to "the people", and opposes the prosecutions against Trump.  Not a conservative, but basically MAGA.

You might be on to something with her being Trump's VP pick.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:07:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2024, 08:09:42 pm »
@DCPatriot . I actually listened to the first 15 minutes just to give her a shot.  And to be honest, I see why you like her.

Not that she's actually a conservative or anything.  Not even close. In those 15 minutes, she explained that she became a Democrat because she sided with the poor over the rich (classic class warfarism).   She first entered Congress when Obama was President, and expressed no disagreement at all with any of Obama's economic policies.   Not Obamacare, not the global warming stuff, none of it.

What she did express were the reasons why she was leaving the party, and that's where I can see how she lines up 100% with MAGA.  So she gave three reasons:

1) she opposed Obama's intervention/bombing campaign in Syria, and that was her only expressed problem with Obama's.policies.  She's basically a neo-isolationist, so that fits right in with MAGA's "America First" policy.

2) she doesn't like how the Justice Department has been weaponized against Trump.  Obviously, that isn't a substantive policy position, but it's obviously something Trump would like.

3). She belies in championing "the people" against "the elites", so her class warfare mentality fits right in with MAGA populism.

So in sum, she's a neo-isolationist populist who believes in wealth redistribution from the elites to "the people", and opposes the prosecutions against Trump.  Not a conservative, but basically MAGA.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Appreciate your taking the time to post this.

We can agree to disagree on her sincerity and her value as a 'new' Republican.   :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2024, 08:18:22 pm »
I'm not doubting that conservatism as an ideology is dying. It's morphed into a orange goo of "spend us dry republicanism"

That is evident in seeing younger legislators having no interest in fiscal responsibility.  Or...  like in the case of Gabbard, having her acceptable to those who are even remotely right of center.    For us dinosaurs who are about to be extinct, at least we can go down dying yelling and screaming.

Don't say we didn't warn you in the end, when the fiscal cliff is reached.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2024, 08:30:23 pm »
I'm not doubting that conservatism as an ideology is dying. It's morphed into a orange goo of "spend us dry republicanism"

That is evident in seeing younger legislators having no interest in fiscal responsibility.  Or...  like in the case of Gabbard, having her acceptable to those who are even remotely right of center.    For us dinosaurs who are about to be extinct, at least we can go down dying yelling and screaming.

LOL!  A day late and a trillion dollars short.  You're still carrying the sandwich script board at the drop-off while I've been picking through the mangled wreckage in the gorge for years.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2024, 08:40:52 pm »

Nah... Nothing can kill Conservatism as a philosophy.
You can ignore it at your peril.
But you can't kill it, nor change it, nor make it null.

FAFO

Offline LMAO

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2024, 08:55:39 pm »

MAGA has no interest in reducing the sizing scope of the federal government

They just want to wield its power

And they want to make sure the checks go to them. Inflation be damned

We went down dying and screaming that Trump’s trillion dollar Covid stimulus would bring on an inflationary  economy. His supporters laughed at that. Now they deny it
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:56:48 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2024, 09:03:19 pm »

A fair summary

But the fact is, she still has very far left, leaning policy beliefs. She has not renounced them

In short, MAGA will support and believe whatever Donald Trump tells them to believe.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2024, 09:06:11 pm »
A fair summary

But the fact is, she still has very far left, leaning policy beliefs. She has not renounced them

In short, MAGA will support and believe whatever Donald Trump tells them to believe.

Fact is, Tucker Carlson didn't ask her about renouncing anything.  It was an interview...not an Exorcism.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2024, 09:33:22 pm »
Fact is, Tucker Carlson didn't ask her about renouncing anything.  It was an interview...not an Exorcism.

I think you’re confusing her leaving the Democratic Party with her giving up her left-wing views

Bernie Sanders also left the Democrat Party. But he didn’t give up his left wing views

I don’t doubt Tulsi Gabbard sincerity in her feelings towards the modern day Democrat party. But the last thing we need to move this country forward is more left-wing ideology

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2024, 09:37:36 pm »

I think Carlson wienies out in a lot of interviews. I can only take him in small doses.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2024, 09:40:39 pm »
I think Carlson wienies out in a lot of interviews. I can only take him in small doses.

Tucker has an agenda. The agenda comes first.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2024, 10:13:09 pm »
I think you’re confusing her leaving the Democratic Party with her giving up her left-wing views

Bernie Sanders also left the Democrat Party. But he didn’t give up his left wing views

I don’t doubt Tulsi Gabbard sincerity in her feelings towards the modern day Democrat party. But the last thing we need to move this country forward is more left-wing ideology

I truly hope she has had a Road to Damascus moment. I do. I hope the logic which has invaded her thought eventually swings her full Conservative (which logic must necessarily do). I hope she learns to think rather than emote. But none of that matters now...

Not now.
Time will tell.

Maybe someday, when she's proven on the record.
Not now.