Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard: Why it's time to leave the Democrat party behind  (Read 2765 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Tulsi Gabbard: Why it's time to leave the Democrat party behind
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2024, 12:18:12 am »

Have you even read her voting record? She isn’t just center left. She’s far left

Has she denounced her left wing views or voting record?   No

So you are saying she might be okay as VP.  Cuz I don't have a problem with her.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2024, 12:22:16 am »
So you are saying she might be okay as VP.  Cuz I don't have a problem with her.

What I am saying is that her voting record is very much  somebody far to the left. It’s not a personal attack against her. It’s just a fact that’s backed up by her even fairly recent voting record
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 12:26:15 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2024, 12:41:50 am »

Have you even read her voting record? She isn’t just center left. She’s far left

Has she renounced her left wing views or voting record?   No

This is a bit dated, but she would have to veer way to the right to even be considered a moderate.  She is a  Liberal Libertarian Leaning Progressive.

https://ontheissues.org/Tulsi_Gabbard.htm

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2024, 01:38:11 am »
Do people evaluate a politician’s record when making their decisions or do they just listen to what said politician tells them?

Or is this just simply a case of, if she’s on Trump’s list for VP that’s enough and pay no attention to her far left voting record?

More evidence MAGA is more of a cult of personality and not an ideological movement
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 01:42:27 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2024, 02:01:04 am »
   It will be Entertaining as h3ll to watch the Trumpers here and elsewhere twist themselves into a pretzel to
defend Tulsi's liberal voting record, just as they did the NY liberal 8 years ago, should he pick her.  I don't think DJT is that stupid, but he's surprised me before with his picks.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2024, 02:14:21 am »
   It will be Entertaining as h3ll to watch the Trumpers here and elsewhere twist themselves into a pretzel to
defend Tulsi's liberal voting record, just as they did the NY liberal 8 years ago, should he pick her.  I don't think DJT is that stupid, but he's surprised me before with his picks.

They defended Trump's liberal history from assault weapons bans to socialized medicine. It didn't matter to them.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2024, 02:17:03 am »
Do people evaluate a politician’s record when making their decisions or do they just listen to what said politician tells them?

Or is this just simply a case of, if she’s on Trump’s list for VP that’s enough and pay no attention to her far left voting record?

More evidence MAGA is more of a cult of personality and not an ideological movement

That's nonsense.

Watch the first 5 minutes of the Tucker Carlson interview.  If you know anything about people in general, it's clear she is speaking from the heart and not to the cameras.

Ronald Reagan was a card-carrying Democrat and by your own standards, because he accepted 70% of what he sought in negotiations, your 'team' would call him a filthy RINO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2024, 02:22:26 am »
That's nonsense.

Watch the first 5 minutes of the Tucker Carlson interview.  If you know anything about people in general, it's clear she is speaking from the heart and not to the cameras.

Ronald Reagan was a card-carrying Democrat and by your own standards, because he accepted 70% of what he sought in negotiations, your 'team' would call him a filthy RINO.

Reagan ran and won the governorship of California as a Republican and established his record well before running for President. But you knew that.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2024, 09:39:48 am »
That's nonsense.

Tulsi Gabbard is not a RINO. Her voting record is on the far left. That’s how I judge. Her record while in Congress. Not what she says on a Tucker Carlson interview

I have no doubt she’s speaking from the heart. So what? That still doesn’t override her far left voting record. Her record matches that of Elizabeth Warren

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 11:16:26 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2024, 11:27:59 am »
If you listen to her interviews, she is never asked about her congressional voting record, or her views on climate change, wealth redistribution, abortion, etc. She only talks about wokeism and war because those are the two areas where she aligns with Trump Republicans. My fear is Trump will name her, falsely thinking she will help with suburban women. She won't help. Women do not like good-looking women as political candidates. Trump would be far better off with DeSantis (if he can get him) or Ben Carson.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2024, 07:40:11 pm »
They defended Trump's liberal history from assault weapons bans to socialized medicine. It didn't matter to them.

We are told that Trump will take on the left and the Democrats. The fact that a far left Democrat is on his list for potential VP puts that myth to rest.

When Trump is done with politics, win or lose, it’s not the people that attend his rallies that he will associate with. Those rally attendees are the people he supported the Kelo decision over.

As another poster once said, given the choice between standing up to Democrats but getting nothing done vs going alone with them in order to claim”successes” I absolutely believe he will choose the latter.

We’ve seen it already

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2024, 04:45:10 pm »
Nikki Haley is more conservative than Tulsi Gabbard.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2024, 04:51:52 pm »
Nikki Haley is more conservative than Tulsi Gabbard.

And still is the most left leaning (minus Christie) of the entire 2024 GOP POTUS field.  Calling Haley a conservative is laughable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2024, 05:39:18 pm »
And still is the most left leaning (minus Christie) of the entire 2024 GOP POTUS field.  Calling Haley a conservative is laughable.

My point is that folks here were outraged at the thought of Nikki Haley as the VP, yet Gabbard is less conservative.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2024, 05:40:52 pm »
That's nonsense.

Watch the first 5 minutes of the Tucker Carlson interview.

Okay, I'll listen to the first 5 minutes and see if her "speaking from the heart" includes disavowing her various leftist political positions....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2024, 05:56:51 pm »
Okay, I'll listen to the first 5 minutes and see if her "speaking from the heart" includes disavowing her various leftist political positions....

Geez... @Maj. Bill Martin

It was an interview...not a confession with your Salem priest.   :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2024, 07:11:01 pm »
Geez... @Maj. Bill Martin

It was an interview...not a confession with your Salem priest.   :tongue2:

But it was you who told others to ignore her far left  record on Congress and listen to her for 5 minutes in a Tucker Carlson interview and judge her by that

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2024, 07:54:44 pm »
But it was you who told others to ignore her far left  record on Congress and listen to her for 5 minutes in a Tucker Carlson interview and judge her by that

No...I told you that un-Republican...liberal views aren't a deal-killer to me.

History is full of people who changed their belief systems, whether religious or otherwise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2024, 08:08:12 pm »
Trump would be far better off with DeSantis (if he can get him) or Ben Carson.

How is anyone better off with DeSantis making his diminishing window for an abortion a front and center national issue?  @massadvj

(Carson's on the list)

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2024, 08:13:14 pm »

History is full of people who changed their belief systems, whether religious or otherwise.

The thing is she hasn’t changed her views or her belief system. She’s just against foreign wars but she has never renounced  her Elizabeth Warren voting record.

I have a hunch you don’t know her voting record while in Congress. And for me, liberal views and voting record are a deal killer. So you admit that you have no problem with left wing view points and policies on a conservative site?

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2024, 08:21:10 pm »
The thing is she hasn’t changed her views or her belief system. She’s just against foreign wars but she has never renounced  her Elizabeth Warren voting record.

I have a hunch you don’t know her voting record while in Congress. And for me, liberal views and voting record are a deal killer. So you admit that you have no problem with left wing view points and policies on a conservative site?

I have no problem with a liberal who renounces her Party and explains herself in plain speak.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2024, 08:22:31 pm »

That's called a Road to Damascus conversion. And you'd be well served to move cautiously with anyone claiming one. They happen all the time (every election season), but seldom ever really happen.

The record serves more reliably. It is never wrong.

Let Gabbard prove her claim for a few years before summarily believing it.
You can't be that easy.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2024, 08:24:49 pm »
I have no problem with a liberal who renounces her Party and explains herself in plain speak.

Many of us have left the GOP since the end of GWB term but we didn’t part with our conservatism

She may have left the Democrat Party. But she still holds far left views

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2024, 08:37:28 pm »
That's called a Road to Damascus conversion. And you'd be well served to move cautiously with anyone claiming one. They happen all the time (every election season), but seldom ever really happen.

The record serves more reliably. It is never wrong.

Let Gabbard prove her claim for a few years before summarily believing it.
You can't be that easy.

I actually would love for Trump to pick her. We would witness such twisting by his supporters that would make the most flexible gymnast envious

The fact that he even considered her is a window into what a second Trump term would look like

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2024, 08:46:37 pm »
I hate to say what I believe...but I will.

Most voters are not going to delve into her past. They will look at how hot she is. Sad but true about the voting public.