Author Topic: Renowned Legal Scholar Rips Alvin Bragg, Calls Trump Case ‘Historic Mistake’  (Read 121 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Trending Politics
By Chris Powell
April 29, 2024

In a bold editorial for the New York Times, Boston University law professor Jed Handelsman Shugerman criticized Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution of former President Donald Trump, labeling it a “historic mistake.” Shugerman’s critique centered on the charges against Trump, which arose from payments made during the 2016 election to allegedly silence allegations of an affair, a move purportedly made to avoid influencing the election outcome.

Shugerman argued that the pursuit of Trump for alleged federal election offenses is a legal overreach. In his opinion piece titled “I Thought the Bragg Case Against Trump Was a Legal Embarrassment. Now I Think It’s a Historic Mistake,” he wrote about his concerns over the vagueness of the allegations and the unprecedented application of state law.

According to Shugerman, “Their vague allegation about ‘a criminal scheme to corrupt the 2016 presidential election’ has me more concerned than ever about their unprecedented use of state law and their persistent avoidance of specifying an election crime or a valid theory of fraud.”

The case against Trump, initially seen as a potential misdemeanor involving falsified business records, has escalated. Bragg’s team has attempted to link these charges to more severe violations of federal election law and state tax fraud. However, Shugerman remains skeptical of the linkage, saying the internal nature of the alleged falsifications and questioning their relevance outside the business context. “A year ago, I wondered how entirely internal business records could be the basis of any fraud if they are not shared with anyone outside the business.”

(more)
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/liberal-legal-expert-rips-alvin-bragg-calls-trump-case-historic-mistake-mace/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.