Author Topic: Texas truck inspections costing border industry $32 million a day, Juarez official says  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas truck inspections costing border industry $32 million a day, Juarez official says
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Apr 29, 2024 / 07:36 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 29, 2024 / 11:12 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Juarez industry officials say commercial truck delays at El Paso border crossings are costing them up to $32 million a day.

The delays started on Saturday when the Texas Department of Public Safety resumed enhanced safety inspections of all trucks coming across from Mexico at the Ysleta port of entry and the Bridge of the Americas.

Thor Salayandia, an official with the Mexican Chamber of Industry, said hundreds of trucks with parts and goods headed to the United States remain stranded in line at border crossings or had to turn back with their loads to the factories.

“We don’t know when this is going to end. There are no indications of what comes next,” Salayandia said at a news conference Monday in Juarez. The losses come from the overtime that plants must pay drivers and warehouse employees and could soon be reflected in unfulfilled delivery contracts.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/trade/texas-truck-inspections-costing-border-industry-32-million-a-day-juarez-official-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson