Author Topic: Developing Nations Reject Western Carbon Colonialism  (Read 90 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Developing Nations Reject Western Carbon Colonialism
« on: April 30, 2024, 11:18:25 am »
Developing Nations Reject Western Carbon Colonialism
10 hours ago Guest Blogger 12 Comments

By Vijay Jayaraj

Guyana President Irfaan Ali is the latest leader of a developing nation to publicly note the hypocrisy of those pressuring countries like his to forego wealth in pursuit of a “green” agenda.

In a fiery response to a BBC interviewer’s questioning of Guyana’s “right” to emit carbon dioxide in developing $150 billion of oil and gas reserves, President Ali questioned the reporter’s “right to lecture us on climate change. I will lecture you on climate change.”

It is not new, but still dismaying, that many leaders of developed nations assume a posture of moral superiority in leveling criticisms at countries with expanding economies and increasing emissions of carbon dioxide. Ensconced in seats of power from Brussels to Washington, D.C., they point accusing fingers while overlooking centuries of using coal, oil and natural gas to enrich their own countries.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/29/developing-nations-reject-western-carbon-colonialism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson