Author Topic: No Gas and Air For Women Giving Birth in the Eco-Utopian Future  (Read 88 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No Gas and Air For Women Giving Birth in the Eco-Utopian Future
BY SALLUST 28 APRIL 2024 5:00 PM

Anyone who might have doubted the zealotry of eco-warriors of our age and the depth of their totalitarian inclinations need only turn to a ‘Marriage Diary’ published in the Telegraph. It’s written by a woman who is now pregnant after 10 years of marriage to her “self-confessed eco-warrior husband”. Indeed, his climate credentials were why she married him in the first place.

While it had never been top of my agenda, I was happy to follow his example – swapping all our cleaning products for eco-alternatives, using our bikes to get around and then more recently swapping out the diesel car for an electric one. Now I’m pregnant with our first child and I’m sure we’ll raise our children with the same values.

However, at a recent antenatal class, when we learnt about baby delivery options, my husband announced that there was no way I would have gas and air during labour because of the impact on the environment.

I laughed out loud when he said it, assuming he was joking. The look on his face told me that he wasn’t. He shoved his phone at me to show me an article about the Scottish Government writing to the NHS about the impact of greenhouse emissions from Entonox, which is commonly known as “gas and air”.

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/04/28/no-gas-and-air-in-the-eco-future/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:15:56 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson