General Category > Climate Change

WEF speaker warns every time we drink coffee, we are 'putting CO2 into the atmosphere’

(1/3) > >>

rangerrebew:

WEF speaker warns every time we drink coffee, we are 'putting CO2 into the atmosphere’ — says each ton of Joe emits an alarming 15 to 20 tons of CO2. Is it time to give up your daily brew?
Story by Jing Pan • 2mo

WEF: Each ton of coffee emits 15 to 20 tons of CO2
© World Economic Forum

It has been estimated that nearly 3-in-4 Americans drink coffee every day. However, did you know that your morning cup of Joe may also have repercussions for the environment?

The topic came up during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Speaker Hubert Keller highlighted a crucial yet often overlooked issue for coffee drinkers.

“Every time we drink coffee, we are basically putting CO2 into the atmosphere,” Keller stated.

Keller, who is a senior managing partner at Swiss private bank Lombard Odier Group, provided a quantification of this environmental impact.

“The coffee that we all drink emits between 15 and 20 tons of CO2 per ton of coffee, so we should all know that,” he remarked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/wef-speaker-warns-every-time-we-drink-coffee-we-are-putting-co2-into-the-atmosphere-says-each-ton-of-joe-emits-an-alarming-15-to-20-tons-of-co2-is-it-time-to-give-up-your-daily-brew/ar-BB1iXK8E?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=3002e13a0dda4d789a89bbf6d4e0d127&ei=42

rangerrebew:
Every time I use the bathroom throne I emit hot, toxic fumes which, I guess, means I should give up bowel movements. :whistle:

deb:
Everybody panic!

andy58-in-nh:
Every time we breathe, we put CO2 into the atmosphere.

And it is that fact which points more directly to the WEF's ultimate objective. 

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: andy58-in-nh on April 30, 2024, 11:51:45 am ---Every time we breathe, we put CO2 into the atmosphere.

And it is that fact which points more directly to the WEF's ultimate objective.

--- End quote ---
:yowsa:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version