Author Topic: US military pier in Gaza to cost $320 million, Pentagon estimates  (Read 311 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military pier in Gaza to cost $320 million, Pentagon estimates
By Jon Gambrell, The Associated Press
 Apr 29, 01:43 PM

JERUSALEM — A U.S. Navy ship and several Army vessels involved in an American-led effort to bring more aid into the besieged Gaza Strip are offshore of the enclave and building out a floating platform for the operation, which the Pentagon said Monday will cost at least $320 million.

Sabrina Singh, Pentagon spokeswoman, told reporters the cost is a rough estimate for the project and includes the transportation of the equipment and pier sections from the U.S. to the Gaza coast, as well as the construction and aid delivery operations.

Satellite photos analyzed Monday by The Associated Press show the USNS Roy P. Benavidez about 5 miles from the port on shore, where the base of operations for the project is being built by the Israeli military. The USAV General Frank S. Besson Jr., an Army logistics vessel, and several other Army boats are with the Benavidez and working on the construction of what the military calls the Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore, or JLOTS, system.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/04/29/us-military-pier-in-gaza-to-cost-320-million-pentagon-estimates/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: US military pier in Gaza to cost $320 million, Pentagon estimates
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 06:23:45 pm »
How much for each time Hamas and Islamic Jihad blow it up?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US military pier in Gaza to cost $320 million, Pentagon estimates
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 06:25:07 pm »
So, our military/government is doling out $320 million for our troops to have a place to play the turkeys in a turkey shoot. :doa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson