General Category > Elections 2024

Trump has problems that are out of his control in five swing states

<< < (5/5)

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: massadvj on April 30, 2024, 11:02:52 am ---Trump has problems in swing states, but Biden's problems in these states are far worse. The Green New Deal has been a disaster for Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Inflation, high interest rates, unaffordable housing and especially illegal immigration are killing Nevada and Arizona. There is a general discontent I have not seen in this country since the Carter years.

--- End quote ---

banddag:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on April 30, 2024, 07:05:54 pm ---Is your belief that is planned supported by anything other than raw conjecture?

--- End quote ---

Yes, just my personal opinion. I have been watching Biden the last few months. Guy cannot even walk 10 steps.  His decline is growing exponentially if you even compare him to a 3-4 months ago.
The democrats hate him-Gaza, inflation, old age.

There will be a switcheroo at the DNC convention.

I am not certain Trump will get the nomination.  His age is also creeping up on him..  People are tired of the chaos everywhere he goes. When his actual crimes come out for everyone to see he will be toast.  DeSantis and Haley are in the wings.
If Trump is still the nominee and the dems pull a switcheroo with someone like Beshear-young, goodlooking, charisma, very smart, Trump will not know what hit him as I said above.
If say Beshear is poling so far above Trump, I could see the elites make Trump an offer he cannot refuse.

Do not  think thing for a instant the RNC , the donor elites and the people who make things happen do  not have a plan B in the works.

Actually they may have a Plan A in the works that does not include Trump.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: banddag on May 02, 2024, 04:14:17 pm ---Yes, just my personal opinion. I have been watching Biden the last few months. Guy cannot even walk 10 steps.  His decline is growing exponentially if you even compare him to a 3-4 months ago.
The democrats hate him-Gaza, inflation, old age.

There will be a switcheroo at the DNC convention.

If Trump is still the nominee and the dems pull a switcheroo with someone like Beshear-young, goodlooking, charisma, very smart, Trump will not know what hit him as I said above.
If say Beshear is poling so far above Trump, I could see the elites make Trump an offer he cannot refuse.

Do not  think thing for a instant the RNC , the donor elites and the people who make things happen do  not have a plan B in the works.

Actually they may have a Plan A in the works that does not include Trump.

--- End quote ---

The biggest problem is that the convention rules are already set, and the delegates already picked.  Biden has to step down voluntarily, or it isn't happening.

The second biggest problem is all the Democratic interest groups that are going to feel disenfranchised if a substitute candidate is picked without voter input.  There is literally nobody they could pick that wouldn't piss off a chunk of their key constituencies.

--- Quote ---I am not certain Trump will get the nomination.  His age is also creeping up on him..  People are tired of the chaos everywhere he goes. When his actual crimes come out for everyone to see he will be toast.  DeSantis and Haley are in the wings.
--- End quote ---

Again, the delegates are already selected, and the rules governing the election of the nominee is already set. On top of that, Trump's people have control of the relevant committees. It would be impossible to replace him without Trump's own consent, which he will never give.

And even if by some miracle they managed to replace him without his consent, He has a core of support that would be so furious. They'd boycott the election and guarantee a Republican defeat.

I also thought last year that Biden and Trump would not be the nominees, and counted on something happening in the interim to make that happen. But that something never happened, and here we are 3 months before the conventions with both of them having locked up enough delegates to win on the first ballot.

It's over.  Inertia won, which it has a habit of doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version