Author Topic: E-2D Hawkeye: The Navy’s New AWACS  (Read 84 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
E-2D Hawkeye: The Navy’s New AWACS
« on: April 29, 2024, 04:40:11 pm »
E-2D Hawkeye: The Navy’s New AWACS

April 26/24: Raytheon won a $8,8 million deal for the procurement of 11 receiver mainframe assemblies in support of the E2D Advanced Hawkeye aircraft. The contract does not include options. All work will be performed in El Segundo, California. Work is expected to be completed by April 2027. Naval Supply Systems Command Weapon Systems Support, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is the contracting activity.

(click to view full) Northrop Grumman’s E-2C Hawkeye is a carrier-capable “mini-AWACS” aircraft, designed to give long-range warning of incoming aerial threats. Secondary roles include strike command and control, land and maritime surveillance, search and rescue, communications relay, and even civil air traffic control during emergencies. E-2C Hawkeyes began replacing previous Hawkeye versions in 1973. […]

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/e-2d-hawkeye-the-navys-new-awacs-03443/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson