General Category > Military/Defense News

Update the safety brief: the flame-throwing robot dog is here

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
Update the safety brief: the flame-throwing robot dog is here
The company sells a variety of devices like the TF-19 WASP, a drone with a flamethrower attachment.

BY PATTY NIEBERG | PUBLISHED APR 26, 2024 2:20 PM EDT

Prepare to update the safety brief again: a flame-throwing robot dog can now be yours for less than $10,000.

The Thermonator is the first-ever robot dog equipped with the ARC Flamethrower “to deliver on-demand fire anywhere.” The company behind the dog, Throw Flame, has made a name for itself creating commercial flame throwing devices like the TF-19 WASP, drone flamethrower attachment. The ARC Flamethrower, which is attached to the robot dog, can send 30-foot-long streams of fire up and be mounted on other devices like a tripod, rifle or utility task vehicle, or UTV.

The company is marketing the robot-flamethrower combo for uses like wildfire control and prevention, snow and ice removal and of course, entertainment. For $9,420, Throw Flame will ship the Thermonator anywhere in the U.S with a lifetime warranty.

When Throw Flame produced the WASP drone in 2020, its CEO told Task & Purpose that there had been an uptick in its backpack-style flamethrowers during the emerging threat of the so-called murder hornet.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/flame-throwing-robot-dog-on-sale/

rangerrebew:
I can see the potential for some really bad things happening with this "dog." *bouche*

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on April 29, 2024, 04:12:55 pm ---I can see the potential for some really bad things happening with this "dog." *bouche*

--- End quote ---
Me, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version