Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 9579 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2024, 08:38:43 pm »
Good point.  Bottom line is he FAILED. I have no reason to believe that the outcome will be any different his second go around, I see things as being even worse.

I don't even fault him for failing here considering his Democrat tendencies.  Heck, in 2015 he campaigned in support of amnesty, allowing those already here illegally to jump to the front of the line.  Trump was never going to deport anyone, and certainly wasn't going to build a wall across our Southern border.  No, my anger is directed at his sycophants who continue to push the same bullshit again and again.  The ones who continue to shout "Drain the Swamp" even though Trump is the best friend the Swamp ever had.  He gave them everything.  Every single thing they wanted.  But we knew this about Trump early on.  Many like myself even got zotted from TOS for pointing this out.  Yet here we are over eight years later, and Trump sycophants are still pushing the exact same bullshit while blaming everyone else under the sun for Trump's failures.

Bottom line, Trump didn't get it done.  And it isn't the Democrats' fault.  Trump is the one in charge.  Trump controls the money given to him.  The buck stops with Trump.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2024, 08:48:00 pm »
Don't you find it interesting how Biden is able to divert DoD money to support DEI and other LBGTQ+WXYZ bull crap, but Trump wasn't able to do so with a real life protect-America project of building a wall?  The part about not being given the money is no excuse.  Trump was able to spend $8 trillion that we didn't have during his term.  He could have found a hundred different ways to fund that wall.  He just simply didn't do it.  Because maybe that might have upset Democrats.

Well, he kinda/sorta did.  Remember the "emergency" DoD funding he used to build the parts of the Wall that did get built?  He just waited too long to get started because of that stupid "Mexico will pay for it" pledge.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2024, 08:58:26 pm »
Trump WAS elected on his campaign and promise of securing the border and building the wall.  He FAILED.  The majority of the wall that was erected under him was mostly repairing existing wall that was built years ago.

Are you seriously trying to compare this built in 2006:

With this:????

Next.

I'm not sure what you're looking for with "next" @libertybele  ---- But, I'm kinda hoping ""next" includes you stop telling folks how worried you are about illegal immigration because your posts strongly suggest you don't understand the history of the battle or your concern is disingenuous.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 08:59:53 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2024, 08:59:59 pm »
   In spite of his making it the cornerstone of his 16 election, WE are 10X worse now in spite of him being in charge half of that time.   The Trumpers are wrong on two major accounts; he is just a mediocre businessman (6 bankruptcies) and is a full blown politician.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2024, 09:02:17 pm »

I'm not sure what you're looking for with "next" @libertybele  ---- But, I'm kinda hoping ""next" includes you stop telling folks how worried you are about illegal immigration because you're posts strongly suggest you don't understand the history of the battle or your concern is disingenuous.

Your posts strongly suggest that you are delusional and wear orange colored glasses....I won't go any further.

I am well aware of the history.  Disingenuous? I have a few kind words for you, but I respect this forum and the mods.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2024, 09:08:13 pm »
Your posts strongly suggest that you are delusional and wear orange colored glasses....I won't go any further.

I am well aware of the history.  Disingenuous? I have a few kind words for you, but I respect this forum and the mods.

Cruz in 2011:

https://youtu.be/T0h3Mu8BbjM

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2024, 10:09:05 pm »
Trump was a “meh” president.

No, Tumpy was an historically awful president. On the record.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2024, 10:11:39 pm »
No, Tumpy was an historically awful president. On the record.

Come on, man!

Don't make me come out there and shoot the tires off your house!   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2024, 10:13:44 pm »
I don't even fault him for failing here considering his Democrat tendencies.  Heck, in 2015 he campaigned in support of amnesty, allowing those already here illegally to jump to the front of the line.  Trump was never going to deport anyone, and certainly wasn't going to build a wall across our Southern border.  No, my anger is directed at his sycophants who continue to push the same bullshit again and again.  The ones who continue to shout "Drain the Swamp" even though Trump is the best friend the Swamp ever had.  He gave them everything.  Every single thing they wanted.  But we knew this about Trump early on.  Many like myself even got zotted from TOS for pointing this out.  Yet here we are over eight years later, and Trump sycophants are still pushing the exact same bullshit while blaming everyone else under the sun for Trump's failures.

Bottom line, Trump didn't get it done.  And it isn't the Democrats' fault.  Trump is the one in charge.  Trump controls the money given to him.  The buck stops with Trump.

That's right. Reposted for emphasis.

Offline corbe

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2024, 10:15:01 pm »
Come on, man!

:rolling:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2024, 10:20:31 pm »
Come on, man!

He was. Historic damage to fiscal conservatism. Historic damage to libertarianism.

Worse than anyone, ever.

You don't reward that shitty record with another term, I don't care what the price.

Hell no.

Online libertybele

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2024, 10:22:08 pm »
Come on, man!

That brings to mind this song ....  :laugh: (sorry folks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1pFTSQfmhU

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2024, 02:40:03 am »
Come on, man!

:rolling: :rolling:

That is a great line. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2024, 11:43:57 am »
:rolling: :rolling:

That is a great line.

@Maj. Bill Martin   @corbe  @libertybele   @roamer_1

Must confess... waited more than a couple of days to use it on him.  All in good fun!!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2024, 02:59:12 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin   @corbe  @libertybele   @roamer_1

Must confess... waited more than a couple of days to use it on him.  All in good fun!!   :beer:

:beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2024, 03:07:21 pm »
He was. Historic damage to fiscal conservatism. Historic damage to libertarianism.

Worse than anyone, ever.

You don't reward that shitty record with another term, I don't care what the price.

Hell no.

Trump is not a fiscal conservative that is for certain, but that is not the sole reason that I won't be voting for him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2024, 06:01:52 pm »
Trump is not a fiscal conservative that is for certain, but that is not the sole reason that I won't be voting for him.

I've said before, the money is just a way of keeping score. It is not technically fiscal conservatism that is primary for me either. It is the liberty lost, for which fiscal matters are an indicator.

Poor character has been foremost all the way along. I didn't like him for that since Reagan's day, and that has been proven right over and over again. And it will be proven sommore, without a single doubt.

That should have been enough for everyone. But here we are.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2024, 06:13:32 pm »

This is a fair point.

A lot of the fence work done under the Trump Administration that was dismissed because it wasn't "new" fencing was actually taking more or less worthless stuff and massively upgrading it into a useful barrier.  Those images are accurate.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:15:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2024, 06:18:54 pm »
This is a fair point.

A lot of the fence work done under the Trump Administration that was dismissed because it wasn't "new" fencing was actually taking more or less worthless stuff and massively upgrading it into a useful barrier.  Those images are accurate.

That "worthless stuff" was put up years ago and provided a barrier at the time, and needed replacing, but the fact still remains that the wall was not completed.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:19:41 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2024, 06:25:20 pm »
This is a fair point.

'useful barrier' is not. Give me a pickup and a cutting torch and I will be through that in minutes.

Offline DB

« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2024, 06:28:09 pm »
Land mines...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2024, 06:29:22 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2024, 06:29:37 pm »
This is a fair point.

Bait and switch Bull excrement from the Orange One, instead of the beautiful huuuge concrete wall he promised while campaigning, we got a "wall" that the cartels and illegals easily rammed through with vehicle, cut through with torches, yes climbed over and tunneled under, because the great and powerful deal maker couldn't get shiite done with a full majority for two years. It doesn't matter how much lipstick gets troweled on that pig...it's still a PIG.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2024, 06:30:49 pm »
'useful barrier' is not. Give me a pickup and a cutting torch and I will be through that in minutes.
Which is exactly what the cartels, coyotes and run of the mill illegals did.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2024, 06:38:36 pm »
Which is exactly what the cartels, coyotes and run of the mill illegals did.

I'm sure that's. true. It's. all a smoke show. If you want proof, try walking across the Canadian border. Even in the winter.

Tumpy didn't change that southern border a whit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:40:52 pm by roamer_1 »