Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 9425 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2024, 01:19:54 am »
Yeah!  You guyz are frantic.

Who's 'frantic'?

Offline corbe

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2024, 01:22:18 am »
   Frantic is dumping a Trump infomercial in the NYC Trial thread each night.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2024, 01:24:26 am »
You noticed that too?

Yeah... That's right.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2024, 01:25:12 am »
Nope. DeSantis is a political animal. He HAS TO deal with Tumpy. I do not.
No sale.
There ain't anyone anywhere that I am following, and most certainly not into Tumpy's footsteps.

@roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia 's pointed response was to an emotional wreck pulling his hair out.

Nobody on our side of the river gives a damn who you vote for.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2024, 01:33:01 am »
@roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia 's pointed response was to an emotional wreck pulling his hair out.

@really? @catfish1957 is an emotional wreck?

Same. Coalition with liberals is impossible. So I put the Tumpists in the same berth with the Democrats.

Offline DB

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2024, 01:34:29 am »
Yeah!  You guyz are frantic.

Painfully obvious that you've been in a uncontrollable rage lately...probably because your Astros suck so badly.   :tongue2:

Nearly everything you've been posting is emotional drivel about other posters. No reason, no logic, no actual argument.

Offline DB

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2024, 01:36:07 am »

LOL... Directly contradicted by your own posts, over and over...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2024, 01:38:55 am »
LOL... Directly contradicted by your own posts, over and over...

Baloney...simply a case of boredom from reading the same stupid drivel from y'all since 2015.

It's like 2016-2019 you were in a coma.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2024, 01:41:58 am »
@roamer_1

:thumbsup:  @DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2024, 01:43:37 am »

Thanks for watching  happy77

Offline LMAO

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2024, 02:03:14 am »

It's like 2016-2019 you were in a coma.

On the contrary, it was his supporters that were in a coma. And even worse, some of the stuff he’s proposing now.

His so-called fantastic economy, for example,  wasn’t as fantastic as his supporters like to pretend. It was good. But it wasn’t “historic”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.

Overall, U.S. GDP growth was highest under Clinton and Reagan in this group. GDP growth was lowest under Trump and Obama.

And(pre pandemic)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/half-million-fewer-jobs-revisions-hit-trump-economy-n1046156

But recent headlines and new sets of data are raising questions about exactly where the economy is heading as 2020 approaches. Increasingly it looks like the president’s stabilizer is headed for some bumpy times.

To start with, it appears some of the nation’s good economic times have not been as good as we thought they were.

Now he’s proposing more policies that many agree inflationary but the debate is by how much. From Larry Summers, who also accurately predicted Bidenflation would not be transitory

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4601150-summers-trump-term-inflationary-spiral/amp/
Summers explained that Trump’s populist economic policy could also infringe on the Federal Reserve’s independence, risking higher inflation and leading to high spending.

“Look, there’s a model for populism. It’s the way that the way most countries in Latin America have been run most of the time since the Second World War,” he said. “And to put it mildly, it hasn’t been conspicuously economically successful.”

He warned Trump’s policies could lead to hyperinflation, comparing the situation to 1950s Argentina — an economic collapse that led to social unrest.

Although watching the MSNBC commenters having a meltdown on election night should Trump win  would be entertaining, the short term rush would quickly wear off should  Trump get his way economically. Then that would ensure that a Democrat would get elected in 2028 and that person could get a potential eight years. I maintained at the time that if the housing market didn’t crash and take the economy with it at the time it did, Obama wouldn’t have been elected

Choosing not to vote for anyone at the top of the ticket this year isn’t an emotional exercise for some of us. There are some real red flags when it comes to Trump. The argument can’t simply be “Biden sucks” because we all know that.

In order for me to even remotely reconsider, Trump would have to change course and adopt a policy of economic libertarianism combined with fiscal conservatism. So far, I see neither

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 02:23:52 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2024, 02:44:42 am »
On the contrary, it was his supporters that were in a coma. And even worse, some of the stuff he’s proposing now.

His so-called fantastic economy, for example,  wasn’t as fantastic as his supporters like to pretend. It was good. But it wasn’t “historic”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.

Overall, U.S. GDP growth was highest under Clinton and Reagan in this group. GDP growth was lowest under Trump and Obama.

And(pre pandemic)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/half-million-fewer-jobs-revisions-hit-trump-economy-n1046156

But recent headlines and new sets of data are raising questions about exactly where the economy is heading as 2020 approaches. Increasingly it looks like the president’s stabilizer is headed for some bumpy times.

To start with, it appears some of the nation’s good economic times have not been as good as we thought they were.

Now he’s proposing more policies that many agree inflationary but the debate is by how much. From Larry Summers, who also accurately predicted Bidenflation would not be transitory

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4601150-summers-trump-term-inflationary-spiral/amp/
Summers explained that Trump’s populist economic policy could also infringe on the Federal Reserve’s independence, risking higher inflation and leading to high spending.

“Look, there’s a model for populism. It’s the way that the way most countries in Latin America have been run most of the time since the Second World War,” he said. “And to put it mildly, it hasn’t been conspicuously economically successful.”

He warned Trump’s policies could lead to hyperinflation, comparing the situation to 1950s Argentina — an economic collapse that led to social unrest.

Although watching the MSNBC commenters having a meltdown on election night should Trump win  would be entertaining, the short term rush would quickly wear off should  Trump get his way economically. Then that would ensure that a Democrat would get elected in 2028 and that person could get a potential eight years. I maintained at the time that if the housing market didn’t crash and take the economy with it at the time it did, Obama wouldn’t have been elected

Choosing not to vote for anyone at the top of the ticket this year isn’t an emotional exercise for some of us. There are some real red flags when it comes to Trump. The argument can’t simply be “Biden sucks” because we all know that.

In order for me to even remotely reconsider, Trump would have to change course and adopt a policy of economic libertarianism combined with fiscal conservatism. So far, I see neither

Basically, Trump needs to drop the populist crap and go back to Reaganomics.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline DB

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2024, 02:51:53 am »

That isn't going to happen. Trump went to Capital Hill to testify for Democrats against Reaganomics back in the eighties. He wanted tax rates raised and tax deductions for investing in real estate to funnel investor money to his projects...

Offline corbe

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2024, 02:55:34 am »
   The BORDER has been Trump's schick since that infamous escalator ride in 15.  What did Trump do with the 4 years he had in office :shrug: 
   Whatever he did, didn't work AT ALL. 
   The problem is exponentially worse now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2024, 02:56:59 am »

Things are more complex than they were in the 1980’s

Debt to GDP ratio is over 120% thanks to Obama/Trump/Biden and their congressional collaborators.  Now, we are in a position were just paying interest on the debt is roughly what we pay for defense/military

Also, interest rates were kept too low for too long after the 2007-2008 crash. A point,btw, Trump correctly pointed out the folly of when he ran but then tried to pressure the Federal Reserve in 2019 to lower them to zero or even negative . Thankfully, the Fed protected him from his own stupidity at the time

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 03:30:38 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2024, 03:02:14 am »
   The BORDER has been Trump's schick since that infamous escalator ride in 15.  What did Trump do with the 4 years he had in office :shrug: 
   Whatever he did, didn't work AT ALL. 
   The problem is exponentially worse now.

It’s on the border that Trump is much better on than Biden. If I was Trump, I would win or lose by making the border crisis my top issue

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2024, 03:15:35 am »
It’s on the border that Trump is much better on than Biden. If I was Trump, I would win or lose by making the border crisis my top issue

I agree @LMAO but Trump is selling re-runs.  He campaigned on this $hit 8 years ago and he was in charge half that time.  Obviously, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2024, 03:26:09 am »
"@GovRonDeSantis says the right things here and it is good

Yet you continue to denigrate him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2024, 03:28:22 am »

Yep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2024, 04:00:24 am »
Yet you continue to denigrate him.

No, I do not.

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2024, 04:01:36 am »
Yep.

Frantic is calling the video an infomercial   :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2024, 04:44:18 am »
    She's got a point there.  :cool:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2024, 05:56:55 pm »
   I agree @LMAO but Trump is selling re-runs.  He campaigned on this $hit 8 years ago and he was in charge half that time.  Obviously, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Agree

He is running on a deportation platform that he promised back in 2016

But Biden’s bumbling and bleep ups have now ushered in a migrant crisis. It was candidate Biden that said he would encourage migrants to “surge the border”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwLYMPLYbo

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2024, 08:19:14 pm »
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,530635.msg3009062.html#msg3009062 [....]

Get some new material --- I've already answered you on this   @Hoodat

You're living in a fantasy bubble @Hoodat  ----- and you're starting to believe the outcome of the primary somehow proves RDS had more support than Donald Trump.  Correcting this group think with the actual outcome is not "bashing" Ron DeSantis ---- it's bashing a disturbing level of near insanity.

RDS lost.  He knows he lost.  His donors know he lost. ---- Believe it, embrace it and move on.

cc:  @catfish1957

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:29:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »