Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 6579 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2024, 02:35:34 pm »
Yup.  Said he doesn't want my support either, so I'm following his wishes and not voting for him.

Talking with family, friends, coworkers, it sounds like most are planning on keeping the presidential box unchecked this year

That seems to align with polls that show the voters disgust this year with their two choices
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2024, 03:04:20 pm »
Unfiltered☢Boss
@Unfilteredboss1
Trump is now welcoming the support of Ron DeSantis, a man that all you shills said was a Soros puppet, a Paul Ryan disciple, a pedophile, a traitor, a globalist, and a worse Governor than Newsom.

If yall really believed any of that, you'd be calling Trump out for betraying you yet again with a Swamp creature but we all know you were full of 💩 and are just leaves tossed to and from by the Trump winds. You're cultists of the highest order that decide who you love or don't love based on Trump's infallible word.

Complete frauds!
5:25 PM · Apr 29, 2024
·
 Views
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2024, 03:07:49 pm »

And the reason that even after waaaaaay clinching this thing a couple of months ago, 1 in 5 GOP primary voters will still go out of their way, not to vote for him.  I think he under-performs 2016 for this reason alone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2024, 03:36:29 pm »
If he stays behind the scenes and just steers Trump to donors, I'm fine with that.  Or if he just trashes Biden.  But if he gets out there and starts saying how wonderful Trump is, then there's no chance I'd vote for him in the future.
It would be refreshing if DeSantis did go out there for Trump that his message was something like, 'Look we all know Donald is an A-hole...but he's not as big an A-hole as Joe'. That would be about as honest as you could be. :silly:

Online GtHawk

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2024, 03:42:44 pm »
Yup.  Said he doesn't want my support either, so I'm following his wishes and not voting for him.
Likewise, also being in the state of Californication it would make not a wit of difference if I did try and keep the vomit choked down and vote for Donny because he will never take the state, so I can keep to my principals no matter how hard those that genuflect at the altar of orange try to guilt me. It's down ballot all the way and hope for a miracle in the state...no Schifft!

Offline corbe

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2024, 03:45:39 pm »
   If Trump is good enough for Meatball DeSanctimonious he's good enough for me  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2024, 03:45:41 pm »
I posted this on another thread, but I will mention it here as well.

Is it possible that Trump met with DeSantis this week because he sees that he might get convicted in NYC and if that happens he will offer the nomination to RDS in exchange for a pardon?

DeSantis has already stated awhile ago that he would pardon Trump.  Trump slammed DeSantis anyways.

Trump wants $$$ and DeSantis donors have it; they just need the nod from DeSantis.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2024, 03:54:04 pm »
I find it a hoot that Tump thinks he can tap into RDS' supporters for cash, after all the shit the orange menace threw last year.

RDS might forgive, but I bet over half of RDS supporters won't.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2024, 04:27:34 pm »
   In 2028 the Trumpers will try and shove these 2 idiots down our throat, if we're still around by then.

Good point.

Scary, but good point.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2024, 04:44:49 pm »
I find it a hoot that Tump thinks he can tap into RDS' supporters for cash, after all the shit the orange menace threw last year.

RDS might forgive, but I bet over half of RDS supporters won't.

The guy campaigned in all 99 Iowa counties without winning one of them.  Is this the support you reference?  88devil

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2024, 05:45:24 pm »
The guy campaigned in all 99 Iowa counties without winning one of them.  Is this the support you reference?  88devil

You mean that 20% number that keeps incovienently  popping up even after Tump secured the nomination over a month ago?
Face facts....  One in Five GOP voters do not like or want trump, even as a pseudo-incumbant.

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2024, 06:07:21 pm »
You mean that 20% number that keeps incovienently  popping up even after Tump secured the nomination over a month ago?
Face facts....  One in Five GOP voters do not like or want trump, even as a pseudo-incumbant.

And yet DeSantis never won anything.   *hmmmm*

Zero wins out of 99 counties was Ronny's zenith.  Go figure.   :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2024, 06:15:01 pm »
And yet DeSantis never won anything.   *hmmmm*

Zero wins out of 99 counties was Ronny's zenith.  Go figure.   :laugh:

Last I looked RDS wasn't a candidate with only 80% support of his own party.  Stay focused lady......

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2024, 06:17:45 pm »
Last I looked RDS wasn't a candidate with only 80% support of his own party.  Stay focused lady......

Last I looked RDS couldn't even hang on past Iowa.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2024, 06:17:46 pm »
If he stays behind the scenes and just steers Trump to donors, I'm fine with that.  Or if he just trashes Biden.  But if he gets out there and starts saying how wonderful Trump is, then there's no chance I'd vote for him in the future.

Won't say won't... but same.  :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2024, 06:23:20 pm »

The fact you Tumps are still so focused on RDS, and not Trump's flailing and failing ability to consolidate the party support past 80% should be your more pressing worry.   Don't bitch in November that you weren't warned.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2024, 06:28:43 pm »
Won't say won't... but same.  :beer:

DeSantis has said that Trump is better than Biden, but that's about the extent of him coming close to actually endorsing him.

He was smart to drop out early to avoid Trump continuing with his smear campaign against him.

Now Trump needs his help.  What a jackalope!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2024, 06:38:25 pm »
DeSantis has said that Trump is better than Biden, but that's about the extent of him coming close to actually endorsing him.

He was smart to drop out early to avoid Trump continuing with his smear campaign against him.

Yup. So far DeSantis has done the bare minimum in order to support the party and keep his word... Just exactly the right stance. And there is where he should remain. Any more than his endorsement would put strain on his own credibility. Push that tar baby away and get back to TCOB.  :beer:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2024, 06:54:43 pm »
Good point.

Scary, but good point.

Oh, you know that's coming.

It's why the vampire needs to be staked (politically speaking) now.  Unfortunately, he's running against a senile leftist who may already have been staked, so the choice isn't appealing either way.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 06:55:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2024, 06:58:57 pm »
Oh, you know that's coming.

It's why the vampire needs to be staked (politically speaking) now.  Unfortunately, he's running against a senile leftist who may already have been staked, so the choice isn't appealing either way.

The proverbial race to the bottom.
I can't think of a more absurd 'choice' in all my life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2024, 07:20:05 pm »
I'm starting to like this Unfiltered Boss guy....

https://twitter.com/Unfilteredboss1/status/1783137810947666202

Online GtHawk

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2024, 07:52:21 pm »

Probably Trump wants DeSantis help to his donors only because he needs money for his legal bills.....otherwise I am sure he is still as hateful of the actual conservative as ever.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2024, 08:03:38 pm »
Probably Trump wants DeSantis help to his donors only because he needs money for his legal bills.....otherwise I am sure he is still as hateful of the actual conservative as ever.

I think you are absolutely correct.  Trump has not only become unhinged but desperate.  Selling sneakers and bibles?? Reaching out to someone he smeared for $$??

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2024, 01:50:46 am »
The fact you Tumps are still so focused on RDS

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2024, 01:57:34 am »
Trump has not only become unhinged but desperate.  Selling sneakers and bibles?? Reaching out to someone he smeared for $$??

@libertybele

Ron needs to get right with the millions of "listless vessels" he lost in 2024.  Like it or not, his national viability depends on it.  Ron's also taken quite a bit of heat for being the former candidate not actively campaigning for Trump.  His tepid endorsement just isn't good enough to rebuild for 2028.

Many of Ron's mega donors want a Trump victory in November.  They set this meeting in motion, on behalf of Ron, to strike two birds with one meeting.  It helps Ron move beyond the passive-agressive hole he's stuck in --- and advances a unified effort to elect Trump.

So, take this message to heart:  It is time to unify behind Trump for victory against Biden. Hopefully, DeSantis will, too.

@libertybele