Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2024, 10:19:59 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2024, 10:52:27 pm »
Actually, the request coming from DeSantis isn't speculation.  Apparently, Ronny has come to appreciate the magnitude of the mistake he made this year and understands what he needs to do.

Apparently, that's what you're speculating.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2024, 10:58:24 pm »
Let's see .... in 4 years DeSantis will be 49 and Trump will be 81. Just sayin'   DeSantis isn't afraid of Trump....DeSantis could have easily turned the tables on Trump due to his age and becoming unhinged, but he's much wiser and smarter than that.

Agree DeSantis isn't afraid of Trump @libertybele  With time he may have gotten away with turning the tables on Trump's age and becoming "unhinged" --- which he did.  Where DeSantis was less than "wise" and pretty damn stupid is he also went after Trump's supporters.  These are the people Ron's afraid of ---- their memories are long and in 2028, Ron will be one of many and most will not have been unemployed for two years.

Ron needs to get right with the millions of "listless vessels" he lost in 2024.  Like it or not, his national viability depends on it.  Ron's also taken quite a bit of heat for being the former candidate not actively campaigning for Trump.  His tepid endorsement just isn't good enough to rebuild for 2028.

Many of Ron's mega donors want a Trump victory in November.  They set this meeting in motion, on behalf of Ron, to strike two birds with one meeting.  It helps Ron move beyond the passive-agressive hole he's stuck in --- and advances a unified effort to elect Trump.

So, take this message to heart:  It is time to unify behind Trump for victory against Biden. Hopefully, DeSantis will, too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2024, 12:23:48 am »
Mr. DeSantis is wise to mend the fences with Mr. Trump.

I agree about him NOT being picked as VP candidate right now.

His work is still cut out for him in Florida, especially with the looming "abortion initiative" that will be on the ballot in November. Granted, Mr. DeSantis' efforts probably won't decrease the leftist vote, but he needs to work on keeping at least some of the "female Republican vote" concentrated on "the rest" of the Republican ticket, even if some of them vote FOR the amendment (I feel confident in predicting that a surprising number of women Republicans WILL do exactly that).

The message to Republican women should be:
"It was because of Mr. Trump and the Republicans -- who succeeded in getting a conservative majority on the Supreme Court -- that you, the women of Florida, have won the freedom and responsibility to decide this issue for yourselves. Remember that when you make your mark for the Republican candidates in front of you."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2024, 01:37:22 am »
Agree DeSantis isn't afraid of Trump @libertybele  With time he may have gotten away with turning the tables on Trump's age and becoming "unhinged" --- which he did.  Where DeSantis was less than "wise" and pretty damn stupid is he also went after Trump's supporters.  These are the people Ron's afraid of ---- their memories are long and in 2028, Ron will be one of many and most will not have been unemployed for two years.

Ron needs to get right with the millions of "listless vessels" he lost in 2024.  Like it or not, his national viability depends on it.  Ron's also taken quite a bit of heat for being the former candidate not actively campaigning for Trump.  His tepid endorsement just isn't good enough to rebuild for 2028.

Many of Ron's mega donors want a Trump victory in November.  They set this meeting in motion, on behalf of Ron, to strike two birds with one meeting.  It helps Ron move beyond the passive-agressive hole he's stuck in --- and advances a unified effort to elect Trump.

So, take this message to heart:  It is time to unify behind Trump for victory against Biden. Hopefully, DeSantis will, too.

If your message was to unify behind Trump because he's a conservative I would without hesitation. I voted for him in '16 and '20. He lost my vote long ago for '24. In a nutshell, he has stepped on conservative toes including mine, one too many times. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2024, 01:43:59 am »
Where DeSantis was less than "wise" and pretty damn stupid is he also went after Trump's supporters.

Only after Trump supporters had first attacked him.  And yes, it was pretty damn stupid of them to do it.

Ron needs to get right with the millions of "listless vessels" he lost in 2024.

That would require a rational response from Trump zealots.  But rational thinking is in very short supply among that group.

Ron's also taken quite a bit of heat for being the former candidate not actively campaigning for Trump.

Utter nonsense.  DeSantis is taking heat because Trump zealots are bullies who believe that beating up on DeSantis somehow builds their candidate up.  But it is impossible to reconcile one demanding fealty from a man so mercilessly and falsely vilified.  It makes zero sense.  Seriously, why would you want the support of someone you have incessantly attacked for the past five months, even going as far to side with pedophile Disney to vilify DeSantis?

Many of Ron's mega donors want a Trump victory in November.  They set this meeting in motion

Ah, so when you earlier claimed that DeSantis requested the meeting, you were purposely lying.

Maybe if you and your ilk weren't so needlessly condescending, Trump might get more support.  Take this example here.  Trump needs donors, and he is trying to smooth things over with DeSantis for the campaign ahead.  Yet instead of seeing this for what it is, you had to shape this in a way that makes DeSantis out to be inferior contrasted with the glorious Trump.  You could have been happy that Trump was getting DeSantis's support.  But instead, you took shots at him as if he were grovelling up to Trump.  This is why everyone here is sick of your bullshit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2024, 01:45:04 am »
Necessarily, the closer he moves toward Tumpy, the further he moves from me.

He'd do better to dance with the ones that brung him.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2024, 02:04:37 am »
If your message was to unify behind Trump because he's a conservative I would without hesitation. I voted for him in '16 and '20. He lost my vote long ago for '24. In a nutshell, he has stepped on conservative toes including mine, one too many times.

My message is unite behind Trump to defeat Joe Biden ---- and his lawless administration @libertybele

If "conservatives" can't do this, who the heck needs them --- or would trust them in the future?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 02:07:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2024, 02:06:34 am »
My message is unite behind Trump to defeat Joe Biden.

If "conservatives" can't do this, who the heck needs them --- or would trust them in the future?

MEH. Maybe try a Conservative next time.

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2024, 02:09:32 am »
MEH. Maybe try a Conservative next time.

Keep fiddling....you can keep your like-minded "conservatives" entertained in the political hinterlands.

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2024, 02:15:19 am »
  DeSantis ain't stupid enough to hitch his star in any way to the Trump train, just as Cruz was before him. It's suicide. 
  Look around at all the waste in Trumps wake.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2024, 02:16:27 am »
Keep fiddling....you can keep your like-minded "conservatives" entertained in the political hinterlands.

You ain't too far behind.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2024, 02:16:56 am »
  DeSantis ain't stupid enough to hitch his star in any way to the Trump train, just as Cruz was before him. It's suicide. 

YUP. He's a tar-baby.

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2024, 02:23:28 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2024, 02:36:16 am »
My message is unite behind Trump to defeat Joe Biden ---- and his lawless administration @libertybele

The easiest way to defeat Joe Biden is to support a Conservative.  So clearly, defeating Joe Biden and his lawless administration is not very high on your priority list since you have put a lot of effort into defeating the contrary viewpoint.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2024, 02:40:14 am »

There's nothing to hitch onto anyway.  If Trump loses, then DeSantis will have to contend with yet another election of Trump and his sycophants going full Democrat on him.  How dare DeSanctimonious stand in the way of Trump '24 '28?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2024, 02:50:37 am »
   In 2028 the Trumpers will try and shove these 2 idiots down our throat, if we're still around by then.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2024, 11:01:06 am »

After Trump’s loss this fall, the Republican Party is going to become a battleground between those of us who favor reigning in the federal government  vs Trump’s MAGA populists that simply want to wield its power.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2024, 11:06:13 am »
I posted this on another thread, but I will mention it here as well.

Is it possible that Trump met with DeSantis this week because he sees that he might get convicted in NYC and if that happens he will offer the nomination to RDS in exchange for a pardon?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2024, 11:41:07 am »

Is it possible that Trump met with DeSantis this week because he sees that he might get convicted in NYC and if that happens he will offer the nomination to RDS in exchange for a pardon?

Trump ain’t that kinda guy, IMO.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2024, 12:01:10 pm »
Necessarily, the closer he moves toward Tumpy, the further he moves from me.

He'd do better to dance with the ones that brung him.

If he stays behind the scenes and just steers Trump to donors, I'm fine with that.  Or if he just trashes Biden.  But if he gets out there and starts saying how wonderful Trump is, then there's no chance I'd vote for him in the future.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2024, 12:04:13 pm »
The easiest way to defeat Joe Biden is to support a Conservative.  So clearly, defeating Joe Biden and his lawless administration is not very high on your priority list since you have put a lot of effort into defeating the contrary viewpoint.

Well since Trump doesn't want my vote, why should I vote for him?  This is going to be the first Presidential election that I'm not going to vote for a President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2024, 02:04:09 pm »

Well since Trump doesn't want my vote, why should I vote for him?  This is going to be the first Presidential election that I'm not going to vote for a President.

Yup.  Said he doesn't want my support either, so I'm following his wishes and not voting for him.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2024, 02:05:55 pm »

No.

The New York case is a state crime, and the President's pardon power is limited to federal crimes.