Author Topic: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising  (Read 9844 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Report: Trump and DeSantis Meet in Miami, Talk Fundraising
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2024, 07:13:29 pm »
That "worthless stuff" was put up years ago and provided a barrier at the time, and needed replacing, but the fact still remains that the wall was not completed.

Sure, the wall wasn't completed, but the older fencing was perfunctory and essentially worthless even when brand new.   So it wasn't just "repairing" old fencing, but actually putting an effective barrier where one had never existed.

In other words, I think it's perfectly fair to criticize Trump for not completing the fence.  What I think is unfair is to minimize the stuff that was completed as only being "repairs", when as a practical matter it really was new fencing.

On the flip side, I still blame Trump for Congress not approving his wall requests.  He didn't prioritize or expend political capital to get those funds approived because he was hamstrung by his stupid "Mexico will pay for it" promise.  Had he pushed hard for it right at the outset, he'd have gotten it.