Author Topic: A Shockingly Inept Report From The IEA On Battery Storage Of Energy  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Shockingly Inept Report From The IEA On Battery Storage Of Energy
April 27, 2024/ Francis Menton

In my self-designated role critiquing various schemes for total transformation of the world energy system, I get to review large amounts of poor, shoddy, and incompetent work.  When people get into advocating for this “energy transition,” the stars regularly align to bring forth the most extreme levels of ineptitude.  Start with the fact that the “smartest” people are filled with arrogance and hubris, but are not actually very smart.  Add that many innumerate Politics and English majors have flooded into a field that cries out for engineering calculations.  Add too that groupthink and orthodoxy enforcement prevent anyone from pointing out obvious flaws.  And then throw in a strong dose of religious zealotry that obstructs the intrusion of anything resembling critical thinking.  All in all, it’s a prescription for catastrophe.

But in a field rife with bad, worse, still worse, and even dangerously incompetent work, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything as shockingly inept as the Report just out from the International Energy Agency with the title “Batteries and Secure Energy Transitions.”  The Report has a date only specified to the month of “April 2024,” but the press release came out just two days ago on April 25. 

If I had been given the assignment by the North Koreans to write the Report to somehow induce the West to self-destruct, I don’t know how I would have done it differently.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2024-4-27-a-shockingly-inept-report-on-battery-storage-of-energy-from-the-iea
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson