Author Topic: Miranda Devine: We’ve finally found an issue that unites the country — Trump’s potential VP pick sh  (Read 2215 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 We’ve finally found an issue that unites the country — Trump’s potential VP pick shooting her dog
By Social Links for Miranda Devine
Published April 28, 2024, 12:38 p.m. ET

We’ve finally found an issue that unites the country. Just about everyone is disgusted with Kristi Noem for boasting that she shot dead her dog, a 14-month-old puppy she said she “hated.”

If the South Dakota Governor thought any publicity was good publicity in her bid to be Trump’s vice presidential pick, she was sorely mistaken with this horrible disclosure.

The story comes from Noem’s upcoming memoir, “No Going Back,” in which she says she took her female German wirehaired pointer “Cricket” to a gravel pit on her farm and shot it dead for being “less than worthless,” according to The Guardian.
The dog’s crimes for which it needed to be executed? Cricket ruined a hunting trip by chasing birds and “having the time of her life,” and then on the way home, attacked a local family’s chickens.

Noem also boasted in the book that, after killing the dog, she took the family goat to the same gravel pit and shot it because it was “nasty and mean” and smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid.”

Sure, it’s a fact of life on farms and ranches that animals will have to be put down, but to do so in anger, as Noem apparently did, is appalling. The dog was young, and she had failed to train it properly or keep it under control.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/28/opinion/weve-finally-found-an-issue-that-unites-the-country-trumps-potential-vp-pick-shooting-her-dog/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:49:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well, she's out as VP...can you imagine the headlines if Trump picked her.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article...

Sure, it’s a fact of life on farms and ranches that animals will have to be put down, but to do so in anger, as Noem apparently did, is appalling. The dog was young, and she had failed to train it properly or keep it under control.

Yup

She has poor impulse control so in that sense she's a perfect VP pick for Trump

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 11:23:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online rustynail

Online roamer_1

From the article...

Yup

She has poor impulse control so in that sense she's a perfect VP pick for Trump

NOPE. I'd have done the same damn thing.... Hell, I HAVE DONE the same dang thing.

Offline vahawkeye

[img]/https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/pulling-hair-out.gif[img]

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
A large part of America love their dogs.  This puts her in the same position as idiot Romney, who placed his dog in a kennel on the roof of his car, which was considered cruel.  However, I bet the dog loved it, for dogs do love air rushing into their faces as evidenced by how they love to hang their head out an open window while driving down the road.

She would have made a better running mate for Romney, but not Trump.  She is out.  In fact, she would have quite a few voting for RFK Jr.  There was a fellow on the news today indicating he thought RFK Jr. would adversely affect Trump more than Biden.  Not the kind of thing one wants to hear!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump and DeSantis Meet Privately in Florida for 'Several Hours' as VP Speculation Grows

https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-desantis-meet-privately-florida-several-hours-vp-speculation-grows/

Which is silly because the Constitution clearly states that the President and Vice President can't be from the same state, which means that they would have to forfeit Florida's Electoral votes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Romeny's dog, Seamus, let everybody know he wasn't enjoying himself on the car's roof - he released his bowels while on the roof of the car.  The car windows ran brown with liquid fear.

Mitt Romney is such a soulless tool.

A large part of America love their dogs.  This puts her in the same position as idiot Romney, who placed his dog in a kennel on the roof of his car, which was considered cruel.  However, I bet the dog loved it, for dogs do love air rushing into their faces as evidenced by how they love to hang their head out an open window while driving down the road.

She would have made a better running mate for Romney, but not Trump.  She is out.  In fact, she would have quite a few voting for RFK Jr.  There was a fellow on the news today indicating he thought RFK Jr. would adversely affect Trump more than Biden.  Not the kind of thing one wants to hear!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:13:30 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

caring about Kristi Noem or her dog.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am more concerned about her lacking the courage of her convictions when she vetoed a Bill that prohibits children from having "gender reassignment" surgeries.  I think she also vetoed a Bill prohibiting boys from using girl's locker rooms/rest rooms.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I was not aware Romney's dog did that.  No question then, his dog was mistreated.  I never could stand the POS.  I voted 3rd party in that election, for I just could not stand him.  Same for POS McCain.  McCain was the perfect anus!

Online mountaineer

I am more concerned about her lacking the courage of her convictions when she vetoed a Bill that prohibits children from having "gender reassignment" surgeries.  I think she also vetoed a Bill prohibiting boys from using girl's locker rooms/rest rooms.
Ditto.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
I once knew a guy at work who was saying that his dog
(large, 7 years old) was becoming a danger to his children,
so he was going to have to put it down.
The Vietnamese guy said, "I'll take it!"
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline ScottinVA

Yep.  I for one like dogs better than most humans.  This makes Noem a no-go for me.

Online banddag

We own and breed English Setters. If you do not know they are bird dogs/ gun dogs. They are high maintenance dogs and need lots and lots of daily exercise.
Most of our adolescent setters run like nuts and do not listen. Why we do extensive training with them.
Once trained they are  the perfect dog

Noem failed her dog, not the other way around
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:05:09 am by banddag »

Online roamer_1

Nah. I been around dogs my whole life. Working dogs. From big, burly mountain dogs and sled dogs, to guardian dogs and herding dogs on the ranches. Sometimes, the dog don't hunt - That's what that saying is for. In a working environment, either the dog finds his place, or he'll be culled. Just like any other animal that causes trouble or upsets the delicate balances that are a working environment.

That's how it all works - encouraging the genes that work, and discouraging the genes that don't. That's how you get guardian dogs, and herding dogs. That's how you get dogs that don't suck eggs and climb fences and chase livestock.

Online banddag

Nah. I been around dogs my whole life. Working dogs. From big, burly mountain dogs and sled dogs, to guardian dogs and herding dogs on the ranches. Sometimes, the dog don't hunt - That's what that saying is for. In a working environment, either the dog finds his place, or he'll be culled. Just like any other animal that causes trouble or upsets the delicate balances that are a working environment.

That's how it all works - encouraging the genes that work, and discouraging the genes that don't. That's how you get guardian dogs, and herding dogs. That's how you get dogs that don't suck eggs and climb fences and chase livestock.
Did I read your comment correctly if a dog does not hunt it is culled?
Our Setters breed have 3 bloodlines in the English Setter Hall of Fame
Every once in a while we get a dog that shows zero interest in hunting. Not once have we ever culled on.

The setter at my feet right now showed zero interest in hunting. He is the most lovable dog we have ever had, a true cuddle bug. Never did cross my mind to take him to the gravel pit because he did not hunt
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:51:23 am by banddag »

Online roamer_1

Did I read your comment correctly if a dog does not hunt it is culled?
Our Setters breed have 3 bloodlines in the English Setter Hall of Fame
Every once in a while we get a dog that shows zero interest in hunting. Not once have we ever culled on.

The setter at my feet right now showed zero interest in hunting. He is the most lovable dog we have ever had, a true cuddle bug. Never did cross my mind to take him to the gravel pit because he did not hunt

Don't give a shit for papers and awards. I care that the dog does his job and don't go sideways too much.
A dog that gets in the chicken coop and slaughters all the birds will be dead the next day.
A dog that sucks eggs won't last long.
Any dog chasing livestock or deer will die. It's only a matter of time.
I have shot more than a few for that very infraction.

I say that having just lost my companion of seventeen years last spring - A small Aussie Shepherd that worked most of his life with livestock and was a grand help. And he never bothered the chickens, and made a fair peace with the barn cats. He wasn't much for guardian - too small of frame... But he'd work with the guard dogs, playing heeler as they came head on.

That was a hella good dog, ol Chewy was. But had he been otherwise he would be no more.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep.  I for one like dogs better than most humans.  This makes Noem a no-go for me.
I like dogs better than most humans, too. But a dog only gets a pass for biting someone in the family under the most extenuating circumstances. Otherwise, its 'off to the farm', one of many euphemisms for capital punishment.

Noem's dog bit her while trying to get it to stop killing livestock (yes, chickens are livestock).
I have lived a few places in the country where killing chickens is a death sentence all by itself.

But biting the owner is the end.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 02:07:56 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I like dogs better than most humans, too. But a dog only gets a pass for biting someone in the family under the most extenuating circumstances. Otherwise, its 'off to the farm', one of many euphemisms for capital punishment.

Noem's dog bit her while trying to get it to stop killing livestock (yes, chickens are livestock).
I have lived a few places in the country where killing chickens is a death sentence all by itself.

But biting the owner is the end.

*FACTS*

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We own and breed English Setters. If you do not know they are bird dogs/ gun dogs. They are high maintenance dogs and need lots and lots of daily exercise.
Most of our adolescent setters run like nuts and do not listen. Why we do extensive training with them.
Once trained they are  the perfect dog

Noem failed her dog, not the other way around
It wasn't just not listening, but killing livestock and biting the owner.

RTFA!
You can't just give away a dog who has bitten the owner, because they might turn on someone else.
They have crossed the line.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I say that having just lost my companion of seventeen years last spring - A small Aussie Shepherd that worked most of his life with livestock and was a grand help. And he never bothered the chickens, and made a fair peace with the barn cats. He wasn't much for guardian - too small of frame... But he'd work with the guard dogs, playing heeler as they came head on.

That was a hella good dog, ol Chewy was. But had he been otherwise he would be no more.

Is that the one who would drop the frisbee through the fence?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The same libs who blast Noem for killing a dog have no qualms with killing a human in the womb.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online banddag

It wasn't just not listening, but killing livestock and biting the owner.

RTFA!
You can't just give away a dog who has bitten the owner, because they might turn on someone else.
They have crossed the line.

The vast majority of bad dog behavior  is from the human owner not training the dog, raising it wrong-wrong correction measured etc I bet the dog was in an outdoor kennel with minimal human contact
My wife volunteers at a dog obedience school. She has seen some horrendous dogs but after training became the best dogs ever ..it is rate just a few examples after 20 years a dog could not be trained.

Just shooting a dog is the lazy way out for people that do not want to spend the time training their dog

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 04:39:49 am by banddag »