Author Topic: Biden’s tough task: Winning over Haley voters  (Read 207 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s tough task: Winning over Haley voters
« on: April 28, 2024, 10:38:49 pm »
 Biden’s tough task: Winning over Haley voters
by Alex Gangitano and Al Weaver - 04/28/24 5:00 PM ET

President Biden’s reelection campaign faces the difficult task of appealing to moderate Republicans who may feel like they don’t have a place to go this election with former President Trump on the ballot.

The president has a prime opportunity to peel off some of those voters, which would boost his reelection chances and expand his coalition.

Their numbers are significant: Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) snagged 16 percent of GOP voters in last week’s Pennsylvania primary despite dropping her bid against Trump almost two months ago.

“It requires work, but I think it’s doable,” Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) told reporters Friday, noting that a large swath of the 35 percent Haley won in his home state say they will not support Trump in November.

Kaine also said that simply keeping them out of Trump’s column would be a victory in itself.

“You don’t have to win them over if they don’t vote for Trump, that’s a vote out of Trump’s category. Now, I think we are going to win some of them over,” Kaine said, adding that he is actively courting them as part of his reelection campaign in the Old Dominion. “We are focusing on those folks, and we think we have a chance to get a lot of them and I think President Biden can too.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4624914-joe-biden-nikki-haley-moderates/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Biden’s tough task: Winning over Haley voters
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 10:46:14 pm »
It's hard to tell.  Haley is a liberal, and more to the left of center than a conservative.  Are her voters liberal enough to attract Brandon voters or will they vote for RFK Jr.?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden’s tough task: Winning over Haley voters
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 10:59:02 pm »
I doubt Mr. Trump will get more than 5-10% of the "Haley voters", if that many.

I hope Bobby Jr. can haul in the lion's share of the rest of them, and leave ol' white joe in the lurch...