Author Topic: Army officials question plan for future attack reconnaissance By Jen Judson Apr 26, 01:15 PM  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army officials question plan for future attack reconnaissance
By Jen Judson
 Apr 26, 01:15 PM

DENVER — After canceling the Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft program earlier this year, the U.S. Army has yet to earnestly invest in its manned attack helicopter or other capability to fill the armed recon role, and service leaders warn that without a clear plan, its ability to fight as effectively in future wars could be in jeopardy.

The Army has talked about how unmanned systems and sensors will largely perform such a mission along with the AH-64E Apache attack helicopter when required, but little money is programmed to be spent on the aircraft in the coming years.

While there are plenty of ideas streaming in from industry, the service is still working through technology that will be critical to integrate pilots, drones and soldiers on the ground to fill the mission and has yet to present a clear upgrade plan for the Apache.

And even four-star combatant commanders have questions.

https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/aaaa/2024/04/26/army-officials-question-plan-for-future-attack-reconnaissance/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have a most excellent plan for them.  Put stones in tin cans, so many stones per can different in each sector so the sounds are different.  Then when the enemy kicks a can, the Army will know where the attack is coming.  Problem solved. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson