Author Topic: Economic Hardship Bonuses for Enlisted Troops? Clock Is Ticking on Pentagon Decision.  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Economic Hardship Bonuses for Enlisted Troops? Clock Is Ticking on Pentagon Decision.

Military.com | By Rebecca Kheel
Published April 25, 2024 at 12:34pm ET

Months after Congress gave the Pentagon the authority to give bonuses this year to junior enlisted troops facing economic hardships and a month after lawmakers provided funding for the benefit, the department is still deciding whether to actually give out the bonuses.

After three weeks of being pressed by Military.com about whether it plans to pay out any economic hardship bonuses, the Pentagon sent a brief statement saying it is still evaluating what to do.

"The department's top priority is taking care of service members and their families," a Defense Department spokesperson said in an emailed statement Wednesday. "The implementation of this benefit is still being assessed. Beyond that, we have no additional information to offer at this time."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/04/25/economic-hardship-bonuses-enlisted-troops-clock-ticking-pentagon-decision.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson