Author Topic: Pro-Hamas Protesters Seek Amnesty, Pardons to Protect Careers ~ Jazz Shaw  (Read 380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pro-Hamas Protesters Seek Amnesty, Pardons to Protect Careers
Jazz Shaw

Administrators at Columbia University in New York and a few (though far from all) other colleges have finally heeded the calls for common sense and begun tearing down the pro-Hamas protest tent cities and having the rioters arrested. This welcome change was long overdue and much more remains to be done. (For one thing, they need to start arresting the faculty members who joined the protests.) Some of the students who were arrested are now waking up to a harsh bit of reality, however. Their actions have consequences that can follow them long after they finish their time on campus. With that in mind, some of them have a new set of demands. They are calling for amnesty and the erasure of their arrest records and student records revealing that they have been suspended. Will the congregation join me in a spirited cry of "Boo Hoo?" (Associated Press)

Maryam Alwan figured the worst was over after New York City police in riot gear arrested her and other protesters on the Columbia University campus, loaded them onto buses and held them in custody for hours.

But the next evening, the college junior received an email from the university. Alwan and other students were being suspended after their arrests at the “ Gaza Solidarity Encampment,” a tactic colleges across the country have deployed to calm growing campus protests against the Israel-Hamas war.

The students’ plight has become a central part of protests, with students and a growing number of faculty demanding their amnesty. At issue is whether universities and law enforcement will clear the charges and withhold other consequences, or whether the suspensions and legal records will follow students into their adult lives.

As noted above, the students are fearful that their arrest records and suspensions will "follow them into their adult lives." Based on their recent actions, I realize that we're not dealing with the fastest set of tractors on the farm here, but I have a news flash for these rioters. Nearly every one of you is at least 18 years old and some of the juniors and seniors are in their twenties. You are already in your "adult life," despite the fact that you're not acting in a very mature fashion.

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2024/04/28/pro-hamas-protesters-seek-amnesty-pardons-to-protect-careers-n3787362
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ironhorsedriver

In the country we live in now, they’ll probably get it.

Online mountaineer

Dr. Eli David
@DrEliDavid
Mein Camp

2:13 PM · Apr 27, 2024

:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In the country we live in now, they’ll probably get it.

They are the "Participation Trophy" generation.  They where taught there are no consequences by the people who are now in power.  SO I fully expect the little shits to get amnesty.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

They are soooooooooooooo committed to The Cause, they aren't willing to make any personal sacrifices for it.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Everyone arrested with a green card or here on a Student Visa should be deported immediately!

Online mountaineer

Palestinian man from Gaza SLAMS college student protests telling them ‘You’re hurting the Palestinian cause.’ 

Hamza Howidy who spent his whole life living in Gaza until 2023 has criticized the protests in an op-ed for Newsweek. https://t.co/PCnOL5qceR  ...

You know what would help the Palestinians in Gaza? Condemning Hamas' atrocities. Instead, the protesters routinely chant their desire to "Globalize the Intifada." Apparently they do not realize that the Intifadas were disastrous for both Palestinians and Israelis, just as October 7 has been devastating for the people of Gaza.  ...

https://twitter.com/OliLondonTV/status/1785042105640898718
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org