Author Topic: Betrayed Again! Johnson Gives U.S. Workers Stick's Short End  (Read 252 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Betrayed Again! Johnson Gives U.S. Workers Stick's Short End
« on: April 28, 2024, 01:46:41 pm »
Betrayed Again! Johnson Gives U.S. Workers Stick's Short End
H.R. 2 Left Out of Funding Bill Once More

Joe Guzzardi,
Community Contributor
Posted Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 2:17 pm ET

The time has come to face the music or, in this case, the mournful funeral dirge. House Speaker Mike Johnson’s reversal on his pledge to insist that the immigration enforcement bill HR-2 be included in broader foreign assistance legislation bills that would give billions to Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan without a single thin dime for U.S. border security represents a betrayal to working class Americans. In December, Johnson promised his fellow Republicans that border security and other immigration enforcement provisions would be “the hill to die on.” Four months later, Ukraine is set to receive an additional $60.8 billion in aid on top of the existing U.S. $73 billion funding already provided, including military and economic assistance, since the country’s futile war with Russia began more than two years ago. Ukraine has burned up existing aid but still has failed to make any territorial advances, and is, in the view of most military experts, embroiled in a forever war it cannot win. Logic dictates that to endlessly fund Ukraine with taxpayers’ hard-earned dollars is unsustainable, but another round of financing down the road appears inevitable.

https://patch.com/district-columbia/washingtondc/betrayed-again-johnson-gives-u-s-workers-sticks-short-end
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson