Author Topic: 15 migrant couples got married in Chicago: See the prep, ceremony and wedding party  (Read 246 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
15 migrant couples got married in Chicago: See the prep, ceremony and wedding party
The couples, mostly from Venezuela, gathered at Park Community Church for the nearly two-and-a-half-hour ceremony. The afterparty went on even longer.

By Adriana Cardona-Maguigad, Manuel Martinez
April 27, 2024, 3:49pm CT

Anxious brides put on wedding dresses, fixed each other’s makeup, and adjusted their veils and tiaras on Friday inside a classroom at Park Community Church in Chicago.

One of the brides, Yamileth Parra, said she is staying at a migrant shelter with her partner, Heber Guillen, and their two kids. She is excited to finally marry her partner of 15 years.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/migrants-get-married-in-chicago-photos/71799276-67d4-4d08-9a1b-639c313849e0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Whoopie.  Now that is newsworthy. :wtf:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson