Author Topic: Illegal immigration is costing American hospitals billions of dollars in unpaid medical bills  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Illegal immigration is costing American hospitals billions of dollars in unpaid medical bills

04/26/2024 // Lance D Johnson // 870 Views

One of the most overlooked financial burdens on the American medical system is the unpaid medical bills coming directly from illegal immigrants. Illegal border crossings surpassed 3.2 million in 2023 -- a record high.According to Customs and Border Protection data, apprehensions of illegal aliens have nearly tripled since 2019. These illegal aliens are people who oftentimes have serious medical needs, but have little to no financial resources. Illegal immigration burdens state Medicaid programs and uses up charities at an unsustainable pace.
Illegal immigration adds billions of dollars in unpaid medical bills to a medical system that’s already falling apart

Every year, tens of thousands of illegal immigrants flood U.S. hospitals, looking for treatment for infectious diseases, chronic diseases and disabilities. In fact, American hospitals as a whole are losing multiple billions of dollars annually because of unpaid medical bills coming directly from illegal immigrants. These unpaid medical bills drive up the overall cost of healthcare – a cost that ultimately gets passed on to Americans, who can barely afford healthcare as it is.
According to a new report from the House Committee on Homeland Security, the United States spends $451 billion annually due to the invasion at the U.S. border. The report finds that a significant portion of these annual costs are due to unpaid healthcare for illegal immigrants.

Illegal immigration is costing American hospitals billions of dollars in unpaid medical bills – NaturalNews.com

https://www.alipac.us/f9/illegal-immigration-costing-american-hospitals-billions-dollars-unpaid-medic-420205/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson