Author Topic: Major NY wind projects recently cancelled, but media spin at full-power  (Read 203 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Major NY wind projects recently cancelled, but media spin at full-power
By
Kathleen Marquardt
|
April 28th, 2024

In the Politico article “Major offshore wind projects in New York canceled in latest blow to industry”, the author, Marie J. French, admits “New York’s signature offshore wind projects meant to boost confidence in the industry are being scrapped, a major hit to the industry in the state and the nation”. But are the Greens listening, comprehending?

Then, a Wall Street Journal article, “Gone with the New York Wind. Three more offshore windmill projects hit the rocks, despite subsidies”, asks “Is offshore wind a perennial infant industry?” Ouch!

Finally, some are waking up, seeing the reality over the hype. (May this become a trend.) But why have the officials deciding on these projects been turning a blind eye to the negatives. It’s $$$$$. The honey trap of most officialdom.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/04/28/major-ny-wind-projects-recently-cancelled-but-media-spin-at-full-power/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=major-ny-wind-projects-recently-cancelled-but-media-spin-at-full-power&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=major-ny-wind-projects-recently-cancelled-but-media-spin-at-full-power
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson