Author Topic: New Mexico Spends Millions On Solar Projects, Has No Idea How Much Power They’ll Generate  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Mexico Spends Millions On Solar Projects, Has No Idea How Much Power They’ll Generate
by David Mastio   

New Mexico’s Economic Development Department announced plans this month to spend millions of dollars on “energy transition” projects [to meet climate change metrics and create jobs]. [emphasis, links added]

The only problem is she doesn’t know how much they will help in meeting those goals or how many jobs they will create.

According to a statement from the department, it has funded nearly $6 million for “four projects that will diversify the economy and create jobs unrelated to fossil fuel development or use.”

The projects are part of an effort “to achieve 50 percent renewable energy by 2030 and 80 percent by 2040, with accompanying targets for utilities and co-ops to reach zero-carbon resources by 2045 and 2050, respectively.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-mexico-spends-millions-on-solar-projects-has-no-idea-how-much-power-theyll-generate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson