Author Topic: Climate Change Weekly #504: Climate Solutions Cause Environmental Damage and Hazards  (Read 200 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Weekly #504: Climate Solutions Cause Environmental Damage and Hazards
10 hours ago 

Climate Solutions Cause Environmental Damage and Hazards

The Heartland Institute has detailed myriad ways in which big government environmental “fixes” either make the problems identified worse, or created unintended environmental or human health consequences that are worse than the original problem the government solution—law, regulation, executive order, or advisory opinion—was meant to solve.

Across nearly four decades, The Heartland Institute and our allies in the free market environmental movement have shown that—contrary to the rhetoric of ill-informed, ignorant youths protesting in the streets and on campuses today, collectivist environmental shills, and corporate green-washers and crony capitalists—market economies, built on well-defined and defended property rights, produce better environmental outcomes than authoritarian or closed economies. After the Iron Curtain fell, the world saw the environmental disasters produced by the Soviet government both within Russia and in its vassal states. The air and water quality in China is another daily reminder of the perils of communism for human well-being and the environment.

In the United States and abroad, endangered species continue to be imperiled by the perverse incentives created by the laws meant to protect them, while they thrive under systems where they are owned.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/27/climate-change-weekly-504-climate-solutions-cause-environmental-damage-and-hazards/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson