Author Topic: Biden administration imposes sweeping regulations on power plants  (Read 290 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Biden administration imposes sweeping regulations on power plants

The Biden administration issued sweeping new rules this week that crack down on power plant pollution and could force many coal plants to shut down unless they undertake costly upgrades to capture smokestack emissions.

The new rules - sure to be challenged in court - mandate strict controls on carbon dioxide emissions at existing coal plants and newly built natural gas plants, setting the stage for a significant infrastructure buildout to capture and dispose of CO2 emitted at such plants in order to comply; existing gas plants are not included in the new rules.

The changes come as the industry copes with a shifting generation mix, with solar and wind projects being added to the grid, at a time when artificial intelligence, data centers and vehicle electrification are sharply driving up demand.

Utilities say more gas-fired power plants are needed for reliability and to replace coal, and some say they need aging coal plants to stay online longer than expected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/biden-administration-imposes-sweeping-regulations-on-power-plants/ar-AA1nMFbr?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=41624aab61e74744902c17527ffea5f7&ei=56
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden administration imposes sweeping regulations on power plants
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 11:05:44 pm »
As I've mentioned before, it's time for the red states to start passing "right to use energy" laws, or enshrining such language into state constitutional amendments.

Fight back!