Author Topic: 2 Marines have died within a week while on duty  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2 Marines have died within a week while on duty
« on: April 27, 2024, 06:38:58 pm »
2 Marines have died within a week while on duty
The Marines died near Camp Lejeune and at Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED APR 25, 2024 2:52 PM EDT

Two Marines have died in separate on-duty incidents five days apart, one of whom was killed in a parachute mishap during a training exercise, Corps officials said. Both deaths underscore the inherently dangerous daily reality of military life.

“Safety is a priority for the Marine Corps, we train our Marines to the highest standards to ensure we are accomplishing our mission in a safe and professional manner,” Marine Corps spokesman Ryan Bruce told Task & Purpose. “The loss of these Marines has impacts across our Corps and we offer our sincerest condolences to their families, friends, and peers.  It would be inappropriate to speculate while these incidents remain under investigation.”

On Tuesday, Cpl. Miguel A. Maya, a Marine assigned to Marine Light Attack Helicopter Training Squadron 303 died around 5 p.m. at Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton, California during “routine military operations, a 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing news release says.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marines-deaths-on-duty/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 2 Marines have died within a week while on duty
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 06:39:17 pm »
 :patriot: :patriot:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson