Author Topic: USAF preparing its F-35 pilots to carry out basic maintenance and refueling chores  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

USAF preparing its F-35 pilots to carry out basic maintenance and refueling chores
Posted on April 27, 2024 by alert5

The US Air Force recently conducted a training exercise focused on Independent Pilot Off-Station Procedures (IPOP) for the F-35 Lightning II aircraft. Held at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, on Apr. 1st, the exercise aimed to equip F-35 pilots with the skills necessary to operate in austere environments with limited support personnel.

U.S. Air Force Capt. Matthew Brown, an F-35 assistant program manager assigned to the 59th Test and Evaluation Squadron, refuels an F-35 Lightning II as part of independent pilot off-station procedures (IPOP) at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, April 1, 2024. Exercises such as IPOP allow pilots the opportunity to learn maintenance and refueling techniques, extending operational range. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Brianna Vetro)

Pilots from the 422nd and 59th Test and Evaluation Squadrons (TES) participated in the IPOP training. The exercise curriculum included practicing basic maintenance procedures, such as post-flight inspections, and refueling techniques. By mastering these skills, F-35 pilots can potentially extend the operational range of their aircraft and improve mission flexibility, particularly when deployed to locations with limited ground crew support.

https://alert5.com/2024/04/27/usaf-preparing-its-f-35-pilots-to-carry-out-basic-maintenance-and-refueling-chores/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 06:28:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hey! *bouche*  With recruiting being so bad, the AF could get rid of the fuelers to other fields and just let the pilots fuel their own aircraft! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson